Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS first modifications

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
If you are going to cam it down the track dont bother with a 2.5 exhaust just get a twin 3 inch,3 inch sounds alot better too,if its auto id fully recommend diff gears,3.7 gears really woke up my 6.0 auto,diff gears are a well overlooked performance mod,2.7 or 2.9 whatever the stock auto gears are,totally rubbish,in the bin!
Dont waste money on hsv headers either ,waste of time compared to long tubes.
Do the research and spend once not twice like me,i learnt the hard way( cost more $$$$)
Tbh id recommend jumping onto street quicks page and reading up on their project vf series,tells you everything you ever need to know,including hp gains and qm times/gains with every single mod.

Flaggers

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VF SS
If you are going to cam it down the track dont bother with a 2.5 exhaust just get a twin 3 inch,3 inch sounds alot better too,if its auto id fully recommend diff gears,3.7 gears really woke up my 6.0 auto,diff gears are a well overlooked performance mod,2.7 or 2.9 whatever the stock auto gears are,totally rubbish,in the bin!
Dont waste money on hsv headers either ,waste of time compared to long tubes.
Do the research and spend once not twice like me,i learnt the hard way( cost more $$$$)
Tbh id recommend jumping onto street quicks page and reading up on their project vf series,tells you everything you ever need to know,including hp gains and qm times/gains with every single mod.

Where's street quicks page mate?

Flaggers

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VF SS
11. Don't build a race car if it is a street car

Definitely not mate. Not going wild chasing power, just want it to sound like a lumpy v8 as that's what brought me to the dark side.

Flaggers

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VF SS
What's everyone's thoughts on JHP? I'm seeing an XForce exhaust system for $3,900. That's 1 3"4 stainless steel headers and 3" high flow cats, and a full cat back stainless steel 3" exhaust system.

Or the same system at JHP however DPE instead of XForce and it's $4400 instead of $3900. How come there's such a difference between the two? Is DPE better than XForce?

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
I think JHP are incredibly expensive and xforce exhaust, IMO, sounds terrible. I had one for about a week before I switched to Difilippo (now Manta). Never looked back.
I would start with every LS go to, intake, full exhaust and tune can do a cam later but if you have the budget available might be a good idea to go all in!
Have a look at GM Motorsports packages to get an idea of what to expect.

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Good luck whatever you choose to do, hope you love the new ride.