Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS Music Questions

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
:doh:

I'll get back in my cave, haha.

MyLink has many capabilities, but certain functions are on and off depending on what car and model they are installed in. The VF II has a slightly older version, thus we don't get Apple Car Play, Android Auto or things like video. The VF series 1 had CD/DVD and played video off it, but not a USB. In the series 2 they've removed the CD/DVD and you still can't play video off the USB, despite other versions in other vehicles being able to.

VZSSHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute & VF SSV Redline II
MyLink has many capabilities, but certain functions are on and off depending on what car and model they are installed in. The VF II has a slightly older version, thus we don't get Apple Car Play, Android Auto or things like video. The VF series 1 had CD/DVD and played video off it, but not a USB. In the series 2 they've removed the CD/DVD and you still can't play video off the USB, despite other versions in other vehicles being able to.

Oh OK, missus grabbed a 32gb USB stick for her tunes, be buggered if I'm listening to Madonna, Whitney Houston, Marilyn Manson, I'll grab another 32gb for myself I think, haha.

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Just chuck it all on one :beer chug:
You can fit a lot of music on 32GB!!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
That leads into one of my MyLink complaints; if you take out one USB stick & put another in, it'll take 5 minutes before it finishes 'indexing' and you can play music off it. Takes about 30 seconds to index if you leave the stick in, turn the car off, then turn it back on again; but at least it keeps playing while it's indexing.

Doesn't VF2 still have a 'rear AV input', which would do video? Not that I have any idea of where the input plug is.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
That leads into one of my MyLink complaints; if you take out one USB stick & put another in, it'll take 5 minutes before it finishes 'indexing' and you can play music off it. Takes about 30 seconds to index if you leave the stick in, turn the car off, then turn it back on again; but at least it keeps playing while it's indexing....

huh...??? the Mylink in mine takes a few seconds when you first stick a USB in.. maybe 5, 6 seconds max
(the USB have around 10 hours of music generally)

Worthwhile asking the dealer if you have the latest software loaded for Mylink

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
huh...??? the Mylink in mine takes a few seconds when you first stick a USB in.. maybe 5, 6 seconds max
(the USB have around 10 hours of music generally)

Worthwhile asking the dealer if you have the latest software loaded for Mylink

I found MyLink was very sensitive to the spec of USB Memory Stick I put in the car. They all worked, but the one I have now indexes really fast and has no lag, where as my old USB stick would index forever if I updated it with more songs. This was all on the same version of MyLink.

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
Here is what I use in my VF and it works a treat with MyLink. Added bonus is it doesn't protrude to far into the center console:

SanDisk 32GB CZ43 Ultra Fit USB 3.0

-font-b-Sandisk-b-font-font-b-ULTRA-b-font-FIT-font-b-USB-b.jpg