Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS V Redline II Modes Explanation

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I think it served two purposes because once the globe was blown, you couldn't see the speedo needle which was different than the normal VN fascia.

Link to a pic on here although this might be a later model like a VR:

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/bt1-dash-gauges-needle.11195/
Yes, the light illuminated the needle and the bit I recall, is why the light was wired to the ignition and not the headlight switch.

The late '91 BT1 option VN's had SS seats, and the used car yards would add the spoilers, stripes and badges and advertise them as an SS at an inflated price. The speedo difference was a guide for the less experienced to tell if the car was an SS or an ex-cop car!

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Yes, the light illuminated the needle and the bit I recall, is why the light was wired to the ignition and not the headlight switch.

The late '91 BT1 option VN's had SS seats, and the used car yards would add the spoilers, stripes and badges and advertise them as an SS at an inflated price. The speedo difference was a guide for the less experienced to tell if the car was an SS or an ex-cop car!
They also had the option stamped BT1 under the bonnet.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The late '91 BT1 option VN's had SS seats, and the used car yards would add the spoilers, stripes and badges and advertise them as an SS at an inflated price.
Deceptive pricks car dealers are :mad:

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
They also had the option stamped BT1 under the bonnet.
Yes, BT1 was on the compliance plate. Many looked at them after hours in car yards and the speedo was easy to see. I think the BT1 speedo went to 200kmph and the SS speedo 220kmph. Those after an SS, would avoid the ex-cop car look a likes.

I think the SS seats, were in the late '91 white VN's that had the brighter white VP colour. SS seat BT1 option VP's were IRS, and the live axle VP's had the base Executive seats I recall.

Speaking of the IRS BT1 option VP, the police pack wheels had more offset, I think +26 and the live axle wheels were +40.

Last edited: