Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS Music Questions

wombat tow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ss sedan

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Those Alpine things look brilliant.
If we didn't have a HUD I'm pretty sure we'd have fitted one by now; but Alpine confirmed it doesn't work with the HUD, so I'm stuck waiting for Holden to release SatNav maps newer than 2012 and watching the MyLink equivalent of "Buffering ..." whenever we turn the car on ...

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
am I right in thinking the Alpine unit wouldn't do the auto park (not that anyone would be using it) or bi-modal exhaust settings?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'd be interested to hear about the auto-park, as I suspect that's not done by MyLink & hence probably still works.
It was released for VF originally (and the blurb still talks about using the OEM optical-drive location which I think doesn't exist in VF2) so doubt it does the bi-modal exhaust.

wombat tow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ss sedan
Those Alpine things look brilliant.
If we didn't have a HUD I'm pretty sure we'd have fitted one by now; but Alpine confirmed it doesn't work with the HUD, so I'm stuck waiting for Holden to release SatNav maps newer than 2012 and watching the MyLink equivalent of "Buffering ..." whenever we turn the car on ...
Did they say why it doesn't work with the hud??

wombat tow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ss sedan
am I right in thinking the Alpine unit wouldn't do the auto park (not that anyone would be using it) or bi-modal exhaust settings?

I don't trust the auto park, am I betting as long as my arse point to the ground insurance would decline the claim and say you weren't in proper control of the car any thing to get out of paying

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did they say why it doesn't work with the hud??
It doesn't plug in because they've not configured/designed it to operate the HUD ... the Alpine unit itself won't fail to work, but the HUD won't display any of the speed & SatNav directions stuff.

I don't trust the auto park, am I betting as long as my arse point to the ground insurance would decline the claim and say you weren't in proper control of the car any thing to get out of paying
It won't run you into anything as big as another car; it might run you into the curb, but repairs to a wheel won't be as much as your excess.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
it might run you into the curb, but repairs to a wheel won't be as much as your excess.

Does this actually happen?

I've never used it because I'm terrified it may damage my rims but I thought it was just me being silly and the system is probably better than I give it credit for.

Still I never take the chance.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't use it either, for the same reason.
Can't even recall whether someone on this forum had a wheel scraped, or said they'd heard of someone who'd heard of someone who'd once seen a dog owned by the mother-in-law of someone whose third-cousin once heard a wheel being scraped in the next street over.

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
My wife's work friend hired a car, used the auto park and it hit another car.
Nice huge excess was paid.