Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS Music Questions

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
If the rental was a Commodore I'm a bit surprised, if only because all the bleeps & bongs & electronic-screams are so nerve-wracking way before you actually get near something. :)

Eterno

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS 2015 Wagon Vf V8
I use the auto park and find it perfect... My wife even commented that it does a better job than I do lol.

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Auto park works fine and doesn't hit the gutter. If it hits another car it's probably the driver's fault for not stopping. Auto park only turns your wheel.

I must say though, I've only used it to demonstrate it to people, I don't usually use it in daily driving.

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman-Caprice collection
I picked up one of those Sandisk Ultra Fit USB (http://www.harveynorman.com.au/comp...disk-ultra-fit-usb-3-0-128gb-flash-drive.html) and was wondering just to ask would i need to format to any specific type to work in the VF/WN or is the default format all good to go?

Im assuming you can create folders and just place you music into each folder artist/albums?

Any harm in leaving the USB permanently plugged in or best to remove it when not is use?

Thanks in advance.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
No problem I'm aware-of with leaving it plugged in.

It's been a while since I put our USB stick together, but I built a "playlist" file for it (basically just the groupings by artist/album as well as file locations) and I doubt I'd have done that if I had to.
Try it with a couple of folders for a couple of albums/artists, if they all appear then you know it works; I believe the manual had restrictions/requirements listed.

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
I dumped 25gb of music straight from the iTunes music root folder to a 32gb USB3.0 flash drive.
It initialises quickly and the shuffle is way better than the shuffling on the kenwood in the Dmax which seemed to play the same songs

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I picked up one of those Sandisk Ultra Fit USB (http://www.harveynorman.com.au/comp...disk-ultra-fit-usb-3-0-128gb-flash-drive.html) and was wondering just to ask would i need to format to any specific type to work in the VF/WN or is the default format all good to go?

Im assuming you can create folders and just place you music into each folder artist/albums?

Any harm in leaving the USB permanently plugged in or best to remove it when not is use?

Thanks in advance.

Leave it in as long as you like or if you’re like me I take it out every now and then to update the files.

You shouldn’t need to format it but it won’t matter if you do and I always delete any of the inbuilt software if it comes with it to tidy up the drive and free up a bit of extra space.

It depends on how you want to search for files as to whether you use folders or not.

I use folders to distinguish between different genres’ of music.

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman-Caprice collection
Thanks all very much for the info/feedback :)

I sat this morning and transferred about 35GB worth of music onto the stick with creating folders for each Artist and then placing their corresponding albums in each Artist's folders.
I was worried at first thinking maybe i created too many folders and the system would get angry or something LOL but it seems to be working all A.OK!

The only thing i noticed is the bulk of the folders are organised alphabetically but then towards the end after Z there will be artists that start with C,H,T for example. Im not really fussed though as I'm happy it played all the test songs i tried and the quality sounded decent. Found playing songs via the USB played back louder volume compared to when i tried Bluetooth streaming via my iPhone.

MOIRAE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII 6.2LS3 Calais
Sorry if this is a thread resurrection.
New VF2 owner.. Have only just started messing with mylink over the past couple of days. I have one of the brilliant Sandisk 32G units above... perfect for the application.
Two things... I have found the drive gets incredibly hot. Not a massive deal, but borderline too hot to handle.

I stated out small and added a four file tree with about 5Gig worth of music, all of which was mp3 and everything worked perfectly. So I threw in perhaps four or five more file trees, no more than three deep each. These files were a mixture of m4p and mp3 files. I found that with that set up, it failed to recognize the m4p files and on top of that would somewhat crash the USB player. It would just stop playing, with the details of the last track stuck on the screen. I could still get into the Nav, or switch to radio etc but the player had effectively hung.

Converted them all to mp3 which is pretty easy on a PC and it recognized the whole lot.

Works perfectly too. Takes maybe 5 seconds to index about 25G of music, starts playing where it left off (If I use the same key) and is really easy to bounce around from folder to folder...

I gotta say, reading all the issues on the board here I was expecting a lot more teething problems. So far, this is as bad as it has been... And if that is all I have to deal with then it's happy days.

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
I've got about 12GB of music on my Sandisk drive (yes they do get hot). But it takes a minute or so of saying "Indexing..." every time I start it up. It'll start playing straight away though and doesn't actually affect playback.