Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS Ute LSA project

SMS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS ute
^^ this is why my 461 is receiving a holset hx55. Riding 9/10 second bikes daily ruins " fast cars" for you.

Interested in this 461, what's it a lsx454 bored out or something?

H

harrop.senator

Na poncho 400. Blew two ringlands running in a 237/241 hydraulic cam i blame to much comp not enough cam bloke i work out with has 30 yrs reconditioning reckons was an air leak with vac advance plugged in and the timing came in hard but who knows.

So forged pistons rods and having my crank balanced is only 300 cheaper then a pre balanced stroker kit. I wanted to go 502 n/a but decided save the money spend it on fuel injection and turbo a smaller stroke.

SMS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS ute
Na poncho 400. Blew two ringlands running in a 237/241 hydraulic cam i blame to much comp not enough cam bloke i work out with has 30 yrs reconditioning reckons was an air leak with vac advance plugged in and the timing came in hard but who knows.

So forged pistons rods and having my crank balanced is only 300 cheaper then a pre balanced stroker kit. I wanted to go 502 n/a but decided save the money spend it on fuel injection and turbo a smaller stroke.

Ah damn that's no good mate nothing worse then having the kind of added expense. I once looked into those hx55's, couldn't find a lot of info on their boundaries. What kind of power you expecting to push through it? And if you don't mind, what mods if any are you doing to the 55? They're definitely a cheap power maker

H

harrop.senator

Perfect size already man has the 1.46? Rear with t6 twin scroll already its the bigger wheeled one at 104mm exhaust . Plan is twin 2.25" hotpipes one to each side of the twin scroll flange. Guys are pushing 800-1000 on unported steel heads and blow through american hp. Which is more like 6-800 australian hp hahaha.

Will be running cnc ported allys n efi. Dont care what printout says if it doesnt make enough im looser then i thought.

SMS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS ute
Perfect size already man has the 1.46? Rear with t6 twin scroll already its the bigger wheeled one at 104mm exhaust . Plan is twin 2.25" hotpipes one to each side of the twin scroll flange. Guys are pushing 800-1000 on unported steel heads and blow through american hp. Which is more like 6-800 australian hp hahaha.

Will be running cnc ported allys n efi. Dont care what printout says if it doesnt make enough im looser then i thought.

Haha yeah I know what you means. I'd be interested in seeing how that setup goes for you. Family and friends keep telling me to build turbo system on the cheap from scratch and just blast my L77 until it lets go haha, must admit I'm very tempted.

H

harrop.senator

You honestly wont bother with the 2300 if you do turbo 8s is where its at. Theirs no lag difference as its smoking on accell either charger....

SMS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS ute
You honestly wont bother with the 2300 if you do turbo 8s is where its at. Theirs no lag difference as its smoking on accell either charger....

Maybe I should just do it. I'll send you a pm