Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS vs E3 GTS can't make up my mind.

colt75

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hilux
Also in the same boat.

Deciding between E3 Clubsport and VF SSV Redline.

VF does have alot of new features which is a plus.

So really the only other main comparison, is the LS3 vs L77, and the holden and HSV badge

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Also in the same boat.

Deciding between E3 Clubsport and VF SSV Redline.

VF does have alot of new features which is a plus.

So really the only other main comparison, is the LS3 vs L77, and the holden and HSV badge

For what it's worth based on that choice I'd go the VF every time. I'd even get a Redline over a base or R8 Clubby. The top of the line clubby would be a debate however I think it's overpriced - should be the mid clubby price point.

You can spend 80k+ on HSV and it's still a HSV that can be beaten by a lower end model with a bolt on blower! Just like most other car brands out there.
But hey, Each to their own, Where does one stop?
I prefer the underdog/sleeper look, Cheaper car that maybe gets laughed at only to blow away the more expensive model on the track.
Whichever you choose though you can be assured it's going to be a money pit as soon as mods are involved!

$80+ K on a HSV is pretty much a Grange, Senator or GTS. Let me assure you that a GTS is an entirely different animal compared to anything on a Holden badge. I can't comment on the Grange - never seen one let alone been in one. As a model in the VE range the Senator was great - had the GTS MRC, bi-modals and other goodies but a very understated body kit. In the VF range I'm struggling to find a reason why anybody would buy one.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
For what it's worth based on that choice I'd go the VF every time. I'd even get a Redline over a base or R8 Clubby. The top of the line clubby would be a debate however I think it's overpriced - should be the mid clubby price point.

$80+ K on a HSV is pretty much a Grange, Senator or GTS. Let me assure you that a GTS is an entirely different animal compared to anything on a Holden badge. I can't comment on the Grange - never seen one let alone been in one. As a model in the VE range the Senator was great - had the GTS MRC, bi-modals and other goodies but a very understated body kit. In the VF range I'm struggling to find a reason why anybody would buy one.

I'm looking forward to driving one :)

Shane-0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS

I am sure it is, But the VF SSV over in Perth drags is already getting constant 10's on strip whereas the GTS was getting 12's, That is with the stock 6 speed auto box on the ssv as well! Supercharger(Harrop 2300) and di filippo exhaust setup,4.11 diff gears.
If people want to spend 100k on GTS by all means go for it, But if you are tight on money but still want a go fast car then SSV Redline with mods easily wins, You get all the gadgets like Hud/Bose etc etc at almost half the price, Then spend 10-20k on mods and you will easily beat the HSV. If you just want the status then HSV badge wins.
Check out "Worlds fastest VF commodore" on youtube, Bloody good job guys 10.50 first pass! Can't wait to see what the VF's with turbo kits will run in future

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
Hey all

I came across this same dilemma deciding between the two however decided to go with the Redline VF due to the interior and toys. Also personal preference I find the car quite good looking, more so than the E3.

Cheers

Jay

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
VF SSV over in Perth drags is already getting constant 10's on strip whereas the GTS was getting 12's,
Supercharging, drag radials, swapping diff gears, removing weight will do that!

Check out "Worlds fastest VF commodore" on youtube, Bloody good job guys 10.50 first pass! Can't wait to see what the VF's with turbo kits will run in future
Sorta similar to someone drag racing the latest model variant of a VW Golf GTI claiming the world title because he's driving this year's model.
Not that flash ET as far as times go, not even VE/G8 all motor (ie without supercharger) world record territory, with all the sponsored engineering and livery (and a 2.3 litre supercharger blowing down its throat) is just half a second faster than stock VE/G8 with baby cam and bolt-ons still running AFM gear!
As you can imagine the World Record for all VE/G8/VF titles will attract more scrutiny as to specific mods and title claims nearing 10.1, and although the car looks like a goer this VF team has some way to go to beat FI VE/G8s around 9.5.
Puhleez, I love the new model VF, but a drag racing world title claim for new model variant is different to that of the Maloo around Nürburgring...

splcrazy

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV GEN-F VF CLUBSPORT SV 340
funny to see how many people are saying that this looks like a mazda , i saw the redline driving on the road and have to say it turned my head it looked fantastic and made me wanna go into holden and friggen buy one but that damn mazda rear end keeps holding me back , i cant believe how **** the rear end looks . i have a feeling holden are gonna loose heaps of money on this design . for now im going to hold onto my ve ss i didnt like the looks of the ve when it came out but now id rather have the looks of a ve over the new vf mazda .

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I am sure it is, But the VF SSV over in Perth drags is already getting constant 10's on strip whereas the GTS was getting 12's, That is with the stock 6 speed auto box on the ssv as well! Supercharger(Harrop 2300) and di filippo exhaust setup,4.11 diff gears.
If people want to spend 100k on GTS by all means go for it, But if you are tight on money but still want a go fast car then SSV Redline with mods easily wins, You get all the gadgets like Hud/Bose etc etc at almost half the price, Then spend 10-20k on mods and you will easily beat the HSV. If you just want the status then HSV badge wins.

Each to their own. There is a bit more of a measure of a car than how hit goes down a drag strip ;).

bosmonaut

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60th Anniversay Edition
I'd go the GTS hands down.
The Brembo Redline breaks don't pull up as good as the AP racing breaks, the GTS has magnetic ride control which is a massive improvement to the normal Commodore struts you'd get in an SS. The GTS has thicker sways so it corners better. And probably 10 years down the track it will be worth more than the SS

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
The ss is only new for a year

How could u possibly choose a ss over a gts