Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS vs E3 GTS can't make up my mind.

Shane-0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I think what they mean is world record for VF! Hence the title.
Close to 3 seconds off stock SS's that are running out there now is nothing to laugh about for their first attempt. I am sure cam upgrades and other mods will be next on their list.
It still works out cheaper and quicker than any HSV, But if you have the extra 40k to blow then go GTS for that badge. ;)

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I think what they mean is world record for VF! Hence the title.
Close to 3 seconds off stock SS's that are running out there now is nothing to laugh about for their first attempt. I am sure cam upgrades and other mods will be next on their list.
It still works out cheaper and quicker than any HSV, But if you have the extra 40k to blow then go GTS for that badge. ;)

Still not competitive in local class, never mind world record in class.
Ridiculous comparing a supercharged race modified drag car to a stock grand touring sports car.
Regarding price I wager the VF race car cost a tad more.
Of course the L77 stock cam was already changed! Was done with the supercharger, but realise with same amount of work on both the LS3 is the engine of choice, will always trump the 6.0.

colt75

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hilux
Took the VF SSV and E3 Senator for a test drive.
Have to say that VF is alot better in most departments

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Took the VF SSV and E3 Senator for a test drive.
Have to say that VF is alot better in most departments

Really? Like smaller less capable engine, headers, basic exhaust, less engineering in the VF's specification of ECU, gearbox ratios, diff, brakes, suspension, wheels, lights, seats, and no EDI.
The devil is in the detail, take a closer look at what makes E3 a limited run, high spec Special Vehicle.

Drizt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V L98
Really? Like smaller less capable engine, headers, basic exhaust, less engineering in the VF's specification of ECU, gearbox ratios, diff, brakes, suspension, wheels, lights, seats, and no EDI.
The devil is in the detail, take a closer look at what makes E3 a limited run, high spec Special Vehicle.

Have you driven both?

Drizt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V L98
A little bit, I can't handle the sales claptrap that goes with a test drive. Is there something about the dynamics in favour of the new SS I'm missing?

I haven't driven a vf yet, only sat in a few. The interior alone wins me over. An extremely pleasant place to be.

colt75

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hilux

The same comparison could be done with a VF, I could list a mountain of things the E3 doesnt have.

Most of the things in the E3, I'd be changing in the near future anyway, like suspension, ecu, engine mods, headers, exhaust.

I do admit HSV is limited which is a pretty big reason for me, so just trying to weigh it up between the 2

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

Lolol - I have a E3 Senator (one of the very few manual ones) that I have used as a daily for near 100,000km now. If I were looking at a new car right now it would be a very difficult choice between a SSV (particularly redline) and an E3 anything.

The same comparison could be done with a VF, I could list a mountain of things the E3 doesnt have.

Most of the things in the E3, I'd be changing in the near future anyway, like suspension, ecu, engine mods, headers, exhaust.

I do admit HSV is limited which is a pretty big reason for me, so just trying to weigh it up between the 2

Not sure what you are wanting from a car but unless the MRC shat itself I wouldn't touch it. For around town changing the mid pipe back (leave the stock bimodals if it has them) will do fine. Slap in a cam and tune with OTR and you will have a very nicely behaved car that goes like stink :)

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Lolol - I have a E3 Senator (one of the very few manual ones) that I have used as a daily for near 100,000km now. If I were looking at a new car right now it would be a very difficult choice between a SSV (particularly redline) and an E3 anything.
Yes, VF SSV particularly redline comes close for me too, SS no.