Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS wagon manual swap. Is it possible?

Panzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Fiesta ST
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has successfully manual converted a VF2 SS wagon? I’m keen to look into this and am interested in any recommendations for mechanics around Sydney who could help.

Thanks,
How

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has successfully manual converted a VF2 SS wagon? I’m keen to look into this and am interested in any recommendations for mechanics around Sydney who could help.

Thanks,
How
Anything is possible if you throw enough money at it...

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Definitely possible, HSV sold manual Tourers for MY13 and I think MY14.

But … so many modules & bibs & bobs, would be a lot of mix/match plus some reprogramming of Stuff IMHO.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Possibly de-value the car as it won’t be original.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Possibly de-value the car as it won’t be original.
It’s not a special edition so any embiggenment of value due to originality is going to be irrelevant for ~30 years, and the cost of petrol in 30 years is going to negatively affect the value of ICE vehicles by then. In the short term, the fact that no manual VF wagons exist apart from maybe 50 HSV’s is going to make it worth more rather than less.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
It’s not a special edition so any embiggenment of value due to originality is going to be irrelevant for ~30 years, and the cost of petrol in 30 years is going to negatively affect the value of ICE vehicles by then. In the short term, the fact that no manual VF wagons exist apart from maybe 50 HSV’s is going to make it worth more rather than less.
I don't think so to be honest because as cars get older, it's usually the original untouched ones that fetch the most money, especially in the world of car collecting...

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
It's possible to pull off, but the electronics may be an issue...

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't think so to be honest because as cars get older, it's usually the original untouched ones that fetch the most money, especially in the world of car collecting...
Oh I agree with you in the future; but there are plenty of them around now, and what you describe won’t be a Thing for decades.
A 10yo Commodore is really nothing special.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Oh I agree with you in the future; but there are plenty of them around now, and what you describe won’t be a Thing for decades.
A 10yo Commodore is really nothing special.
You're right that they're nothing special but this is a VF2 which will fetch a little bit of a premium, unless the O.P's car has higher kays and isn't in pristine condition

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
^ I still think a manual V8 VF2 wagonoid would fetch a premium over the billionty automatic ones around, if it’s done in such a way that it could have been factory.