Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS with 4.11s?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Losh, why did you end up buying it if it had that much pig in it? Was it a "too good to walk away from" kind of deal? Who was the original tuner? Pm me if you don't want to bag them here.
This is my first car with a cam. I was under the belief that cammed cars will often pig. It was after a bit of discussion that it shouldn't have been as bad as it was. I paid $21k IIRC. At the time the price was about right. There was a few maintenance issues that had been neglected but now I'm on top of all that it's a great car and gets plenty of street cred, which I know is just a bit for the ego.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'll have to find the dyno sheet. I'll have a think whether I post or PM you the Melbourne mob.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I think I read a gearbox guy saying they did that to try and make 5th more like an underdrive/1 to 1 gear (which it's never going to be) and still have decent highway economy.
I did it this way, drove a Clubsport R8 and GTS back-to-back 3 or 4 times and thought the GTS has better gearbox ratios. I looked up the specs for each model and found the GTS does have a different gearbox ratio than the rest of the VE/VF V8's.

Here's the cars I actually drove to arrive at the opinion from my own experiences!

20190209_155004 (1).jpg

Last edited: