Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

jase91VESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 2007 M6
Hi guys,
currently own a vf ssv 6.0l that from new had a walkinshaw power pack upgrade which adds a CAI and 2.5 inch cat back exhaust with a Ecu tune.

I'm looking to install the Walky/DPE headers for that more throaty noise that it would give the exhaust and am already delighted with how the car runs on this current "power pack" tune.

My question is, if I was to install walkinshaw/DPE headers and cats will another tune be required or will the current power pack tune reset with the addition of the headers and cats. I'm only asking as the car has plenty of power already and runs smoothly and I can't justify spending another $800-$1000 just to have it re tuned.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Well ... really the only way it won’t need a tune after you install Stuff is if that Stuff has no effect.

So, IMHO, you’re wasting your money if you can install that stuff & not need a tune.

jase91VESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 2007 M6
Well ... really the only way it won’t need a tune after you install Stuff is if that Stuff has no effect.

So, IMHO, you’re wasting your money if you can install that stuff & not need a tune.

Yeah I see where you're coming from. Was just hoping to add abit more throat and pulse to the exhaust without having to spend x amount on another tune. Thanks mate

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
It will, as the rear oxy sensors are in a different location to those found on the standard headers

White Swan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
Phone around to some of the better known Sydney tuners before you buy the headers and they may do a price for you as you'll probably only end up with a generic tune flashed in anyway.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Phone around to some of the better known Sydney tuners before you buy the headers and they may do a price for you as you'll probably only end up with a generic tune flashed in anyway.

Ideally, he'd want to go back to the place that did the original tune from new. They should have all the parameters on file and with the extra mods he's considering it would only require tweaking anyway. I'd be very surprised if they hit him up for $800-$1000 he's suggested..