Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SV6 2013-2014 Issues

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
HI Everyone .

Looking at a VF SV6 6 speed manual private sale. Wondering what I should look out for I think its a late 2013 registered in late Jan 2014.
Its 6 speed manual.
what are the gearboxes like in these Ive heard they are notchy and also reverse being near first.
When does the timing chain require replacement as it has 90,000klms on it now.
I rang a dealer who checked out a problem with a steering code coming up as a fault they couldn't get to the bottom of it and advised the code cleared every time the ignition cycled on and off the service manager had it for a week and couldn't fault it in that time. Apart from that he just advised at 75,000klms a few recalls were done and an issue with the front suspension which he didn't elaborate on. I know for a fact based on where the car is located it would of had a pretty tough time travelling on the crap roads which is concerning me a bit.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
There is no schedule for timing chain replacement, in theory it is an issue with cars up to sometime in 2008, but in practice there have been plenty that have timing chain problems well after 2008, at least 2013 would be LFX engine, I don't know if LFX may have similar problem with timing chain or not. There is another current thread re power steering rack replacement due to coroding terminals. I don't know of other issues with manual transmission. Some seem to have had problems with aircon/heater climate controls having a mind of its own with temperature setting.