Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SV6 Stainless/Rubber pedals

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Just want to know our VF SV6 has standard Rubber on steel pedals for the Brake and Accelerator for Auto. What are the Factory ones that I think they were a combination of Stainless and Rubber used on Redlines or other in the VF range. Do they give you more Grip? If so Can they be fitted to the VF SV6 Storm and if the answer is yes, where can you get the Genuine from
Thanks

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride

The ebay one says does not fit on a Sedan as it has Commodore Sports wagon only?. Hummmm.
The Original Part group ones are OK. Looked for I hour and found nothing and you found it in 2 Minutes. Must be getting Old.
Do you think they offer more grip or are they just cosmetic only

Nico36

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
The ebay one says does not fit on a Sedan as it has Commodore Sports wagon only?. Hummmm.
The Original Part group ones are OK. Looked for I hour and found nothing and you found it in 2 Minutes. Must be getting Old.
Do you think they offer more grip or are they just cosmetic only
They're the same pedals for sedan and wagon. They do offer more grip..... and are better looking.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
They're the same pedals for sedan and wagon. They do offer more grip..... and are better looking.
Yes my foot slip off the Brake today. the first time it has happened.
I wonder why they don't make the the REST pedal the same?

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Yes my foot slip off the Brake today. the first time it has happened.
I wonder why they don't make the the REST pedal the same?
I had the sports pedals optioned on both our ‘16 SV6 ute & ‘17 SS Wagon without hesitation - expect they will wear far better over time also....considering both these are long term keepers.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I see that the complete Accelerator pedal has to be changed. So whats the story why the complete Accelerator pedal assembly have to be changed?

Last edited:

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
I see that the complete Accelerator pedal has to be changes. So whats the story why the complete Accelerator pedal assembly have to be changed?
Nah mate - I just took the metal/rubber part off the new pedal and clipped/glued it to the existing pedal. Be very careful taking the metal cover off - the tabs that hold the metal down are made of sh!t casting material and break if you bend them too much. Alternatively, chnage out the whole acclerator pedal if you are pedantic. It is just a variable resistor which is bolted and has a connector. Try the following link for help:
http://www.g8board.com/forums/46-technical-articles-diy/31883-diy-sport-pedal-install.html

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nah mate - I just took the metal/rubber part off the new pedal and clipped/glued it to the existing pedal. Be very careful taking the metal cover off - the tabs that hold the metal down are made of sh!t casting material and break if you bend them too much. Alternatively, chnage out the whole acclerator pedal if you are pedantic. It is just a variable resistor which is bolted and has a connector. Try the following link for help:
http://www.g8board.com/forums/46-technical-articles-diy/31883-diy-sport-pedal-install.html
Arghhhh! the yank model. Everything back to front. At least I learnt how to remove the power Socket off the Pedal itself.