Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Ute "New Car Replacement" value

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
First off I have to say that GIO have been excellent to deal with.
They came back yesterday saying they were having difficulty finding comparative vehicles, which is fair enough. They offered $40,500 as a payout.
Following advice from you guys I declined the offer, pointing out that whilst not comparable, the Colorado is Holden’s replacement vehicle for the Ute. In response, they came back today and asked if I wanted a Colorado or other brand equivalent. I declined.
I’m now waiting to see if they revise their offer.
First offer ;)
Good that they’ve said they’ve had trouble finding a comparative vehicle...
So now it’s for you to help present them a vehicle which in your opinion is comparable feature wise and if it happens to be more expensive so be it. Let the negotiation begin :cool:

Wood Dust

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Ute
First offer ;)
Good that they’ve said they’ve had trouble finding a comparative vehicle...
So now it’s for you to help present them a vehicle which in your opinion is comparable feature wise and if it happens to be more expensive so be it. Let the negotiation begin :cool:
They have begun

Wood Dust

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Ute
OK, a good outcome.
GIO have come back with an increased offer of $43,150 based on a base model Colorado, with options and ORC.
i’ve accepted the offer. The only question now is do I help TML678 with the medical costs of removing his left testicle?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
OK, a good outcome.
GIO have come back with an increased offer of $43,150 based on a base model Colorado, with options and ORC.
i’ve accepted the offer. The only question now is do I help TML678 with the medical costs of removing his left testicle?
Good outcome if you’re happy with it. Accepting the truck or taking the cash?

Just curious what options did they add to the base model and what features from your ute did they discard as too hard, not available or too costly?

I’ll bet my left one you’ll be getting the $37k and not a cent more :/
So how does one pay up in such instances, proof via a YouTube video...
No, please no videos... I wont call up on the bet :p

As @KING46Calais V “liked“ you post, does that mean he was also getting in on your bet :rolleyes:

Last edited:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
OK, a good outcome.

nice work, with that figure it looks like you got them to base it on a 4x2 lt?.

now you need to decide what vehicle you want to buy and keep in mind if you do buy a demo or second hand vf ute and you want a new for old policy again make sure you check that it will apply to vehicles not bought new.

Wood Dust

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Ute
Good outcome if you’re happy with it. Accepting the truck or taking the cash?

Just curious what options did they add to the base model and what features from your ute did they discard as too hard, not available or too costly?

So how does one pay up in such instances, proof via a YouTube video...
No, please no videos... I wont call up on the bet :p

As @KING46Calais V “liked“ you post, does that mean he was also getting in on your bet :rolleyes:
OK, a good outcome.
I didn’t get into that level. Didn’t see the point given the massive differences between the two vehicles. The dollars will cover the purchase of a decent VF replacement which is really all I was after.

Wood Dust

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Ute
nice work, with that figure it looks like you got them to base it on a 4x2 lt?.

now you need to decide what vehicle you want to buy and keep in mind if you do buy a demo or second hand vf ute and you want a new for old policy again make sure you check that it will apply to vehicles not bought new.
Unfortunately new for old only applies if the vehicle is new. Its a good reminder though for VF owners to check their level of cover given the increasing value of the vehicles.