Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF & VE second hand rare & demanding high Prices.

Stuey81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline & VE SS Wagon
actually you are wrong, even the second hand zb has had a price hike.
it does not really have much to do with the vehicle or product as much as it has to do with the current global situation.

is it going for more than new or close to it? I saw ZB prices not long ago and nearly couldn't believe it. Under 20k.....couldn't give them away i was thinking

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Excuse my dumb question but is Redline a HSV or just an SS? I'm surprised that even Shannons would insure any SS for that much, unless it had the HSV badge.
They suggested the $50k for our VF1 around 6 months ago, which is only an auto (I guess that'd be expected if unmodified as a non-HSV wagon), making me wonder whether they'd have gone higher if I'd been more insistent. And VF2's are definitely worth more.

Stuey81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline & VE SS Wagon
Excuse my dumb question but is Redline a HSV or just an SS? I'm surprised that even Shannons would insure any SS for that much, unless it had the HSV badge.

so goes like this

SS
SSV
SSV Redline

NRMA had me down for 62k (rose from 54 from the year prior without me asking them and without an increase in my premium) and changed to shannons who said "we have no problem insuring you for 75k" - a figure they came up with.

Manual redlines were the top of the range SSV with all the extras, and the manuals have held their price well. Hard to find a second hand one for less than i paid new (56,990)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ok that explains it. I have been on the lookout for a VE SSV ute. One yards is asking $36k for a 2007, another is asking $30k for a 2010, and another I'm keeping an eye on has dropped their 2008 to $24k. All were just SSVs. I looked on Redbook and these come in around the $15k, so generally will only go $20k max agreed with most insurance Cos. My concern was that even Shannons would underinsure, so I keep looking and waiting for the prices to drop, which one has. While those at the high end of pricing are sitting in the yards for weeks tying up $ in stock that's not shifting.
Redlines are rare here, I think I haven't seen a Redline ute in my searching at all and I have at times put in $40k max in the search.

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Auto Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Auto Sedan.
In 1978 I bought a 5 Litre GTS 4 on the floor with disk brakes for $10500.....I sold it 5 years later for $10000.
See Photo....eat your heart out fella's ! ......i have the number plate on my SV6.

Attachments

• holden01 (2).jpg
    holden01 (2).jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 102

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just had another look on Carsales and no Redline utes but a few Maloo. One was asking over $100k another rather unattractive GTS Maloo was dearer again, but it wasn't a nice looking bus so it may only suit an enthusiast.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
is it going for more than new or close to it? I saw ZB prices not long ago and nearly couldn't believe it. Under 20k.....couldn't give them away i was thinking

of course not and the majority of vf's are not going for more than new price because no one said that the prices jumped "above new prices" across the board.

the secondhand market prices have increased higher than they were this time last year for many makes of vehicles, the ve/vf v8's have gained a fair wack due to FOMO and the current global situation.

it is not just motor vehicles too, prices new and secondhand have jumped up for many consumer electronics because of chip/semiconductor shortages.

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Auto Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Auto Sedan.
gotta ask, whats the go with one spotlight?

The 4 headlights all had high beam capability.....the one spotlight 100 Watts was to see a longer distance down the road...I lived in the country does days.