Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Redline Auto Ute Performance Pack.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
After 1 year and 22,000 km, decided to bite the bullet and proceed with the modifications. The ute is with the local workshop today and should have it back on Monday. Please see attached for the details of modifications. It is more expensive than those workshops in Sydney/Melbourne but better to support the local business and save the travelling.

Attachments

• AutoTechQuote.pdf
    270.4 KB · Views: 437

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Why the huge discount on labour?
Which cam?

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
By the way, thank all the members' postings which help me a lot in making the decisions on the modifications:-
VCM5E camshaft
Oil pump
X Force Full SS Exhaust 1 7/8" headers and Duel 3" system with Varex Rear Muffers
VCM OTR
and Dyno Tune

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Why the huge discount on labour?

I showed them the much cheaper prices from Tekno an Independent Motorsport for the similar upgrades, the local workshop couldn't match them but willing to come "closer" to get the job.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Which cam?

It is VCM 532 or 523...Didn't go for the VCM 9 as it would be slightly too "lumpy" for daily use. VCM5 is more conservative and better suited to auto but hard to tell the difference in idle.

Maz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R M6
Thanks for posting the info KT11H - I'm pretty keen to hear about your experience with Autotech and how the car performs after the mods. If you've been tracking your fuel usage, I'd be interested to see the impact the mods make on your usual around town mileage.
Cheers big ears!

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
No worry "Maz"..Will keep a long term reporting on this. My ute has been getting 12.8 litre/100 km on average speed of 62 km/hr, mostly travelling from south side to north side via Monaro Hwy.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
By the way, thank all the members' postings which help me a lot in making the decisions on the modifications:-
VCM5E camshaft
Oil pump
X Force Full SS Exhaust 1 7/8" headers and Duel 3" system with Varex Rear Muffers
VCM OTR
and Dyno Tune
i think the way the forum feels about xforce you wouldn't have gotten that exhaust but from what i see thats about right, a quote i got from tuner down here in melbourne was around $8500 for the same as what your getting but with a difilippo system.
$4k for the xforce system is the only sting as you really could have had any of the great locally made (pacemaker/difilippo/hurricane/manta/kpm) systems for that or less.
the cam from what ive seen is a good daily, most of what ive seen is from this video thou.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Thanks "dimetime". In Melbourne, the Independent Motorsport website's price for similar package is less than $7,000. For just over $9,000 they include a CNC cylinder head...They say a good "head" is heaps better than a "large" cam.:D