Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Redline Auto Ute Performance Pack.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
good to hear, sounds like the xforce brand is living up to its bad hype, but least the shop were good enough to sort it out. youll have to get a video of its idle and a rev!

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Update on fuel consumption, last tank it used 12.5 litre/100 km at an average speed of 58 km/hr with very light right foot, keeping the rev below 2000 rpm most of the time to achieve it. Pre-modifications, the best I got was 12.8 litre/100 km at an average speed of 62 km/hr. The workshop fixed the engine light which hasn't come on since. Very happy with the modifications, the exhaust sound is growing on me so I left it open all the time. I noticed when I stopped at the traffic light, put the auto in Neutral instead of left it in Drive, the fuel consumption dropped from 4 litre/hr to 3 litre/hr at stationary. Put the HF20" wheels back on to get few more km out of the original tyres.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Put it this way, I am still using a push button mobile phone which doesn't have multi-media functions....I don't do facebook, no twitters. Took me half hour just to upload a photo here, sorry guys, no video.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Put it this way, I am still using a push button mobile phone which doesn't have multi-media functions....I don't do facebook, no twitters. Took me half hour just to upload a photo here, sorry guys, no video.
Phone a friend!

Last edited:

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
I wanna hear this thing dammit :(

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Monthly updates:

Must be my old age, the ute now has more power than I can handle at full throttle. It will take a while for me to learn how to handle the extra power especially in the wet. For everyday use, I wouldn't suggest anyone to go further with "super charge". In fact the OTR, 1 7/8" header and 3' exhaust system should be more than adequate. No real need for the camshaft replacement. But then it is just my opinion.

I made a mistake to say that the idle rpm was 600+, in fact it is closer to 700. Leave it in "D" at the traffic light, it uses 4 litre/hr and ticking over smoothly. Put it in "N", it uses 3 litre/hr but ticking over quite rough.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
how do you find the cam, driveability wise ?

Also how quiet is the exhaust with the Varex mufflers shut ?

Don't trust the dash readout too much for fuel consumption. Mine shows 2-3lts per 100km less than what it actually drinks. Don't know if the tune affects anything there

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Mine shows 2-3lts per 100km less than what it actually drinks. Don't know if the tune affects anything there

Are you running bigger injectors?