Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Redline Auto Ute Performance Pack.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Got the ute back and it is very loud with the Varex box open. Perhaps I should have gone with the 1 3/4" header and 2" exhaust system, too late now. Attached with dyno printout. 307.1 kW at rear wheels.

Attachments

• ute307.1kw.pdf
    772.7 KB · Views: 327

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Glad that I didn't go for larger camshaft, picked the VCM532 instead. There are plenty of rumbles at idle, the 3" exhaust tips filled up the space and look awesome. The workshop did a reasonable job, the ute drives very smooth and response is instant, engine bay is very tidy, the "sound enhance" pipe is removed. There is a remote control for Varex Box to turn it on or off. The guy at the workshop says 307 kw is reasonable for the VCM532camshaft, more if larger cam was fitted. The dyno numbers vary from one workshop to another, really depends on which machine they use. The mid range acceleration is really noticeable, I were pushed back into the passenger seat when the guy took the ute for a test drive. Filled the ute up on the way home and will find out the fuel consumption in the coming days. A oil pump is also fitted to replace the stock oil pump, the guy at the shop says the stock oil pump isn't as good. As I were saying, it is cheaper in Melbourne/Sydney but better having it done locally so I can go back to them if anything should go wrong. Will try to post some photos in the coming days.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
photos

Attachments

• IMG_1252.JPG
    IMG_1252.JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 264

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
photos

Attachments

• IMG_1259.JPG
    IMG_1259.JPG
    240.4 KB · Views: 270

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
1 7/8" header

Attachments

• IMG_1258.JPG
    IMG_1258.JPG
    250.2 KB · Views: 302

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
photos

Attachments

• IMG_1251.JPG
    IMG_1251.JPG
    205.9 KB · Views: 286

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
photos

Attachments

• IMG_1255.JPG
    IMG_1255.JPG
    268.8 KB · Views: 276

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
That looks tidy well done.

Happydaze

Happydaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE T30
Awesome, that’ll bring it to life, congrats!

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
An update on the pack. Took the ute back last Friday as the engine light came on. The workshop got the computer out and decoded the messages, it was something to do with incorrect fuel mixtures. There was also vibrations came through from the floor, the exhaust system was rubbing against the gearbox. The workshop re-flashed the system and re-tuned the engine, fixed up the exhaust system by grind down few mm off the gear box, apparently the auto box has an edge sticking out from its side and touching the new exhaust system. Drove the ute at the weekend and it was all good, except it stalled once during a sharp stopping when the engine was cold. The workshop said that they tunned it for better economy and smoother/less noisy idling as it was idling quite lumpy and a bit drumming at speed before. Excellent services from the workshop, glad that I have it done locally. Must say that the Contisport6 tyres are very good with the extra power at the back wheels, just wonder how long those soft compound will last before another set of tyres. By the way, got a free 5,000 km/3 months Service Voucher from the tyre shop where I bought the tyres. Free tyre check and balancing....