Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Redline Auto Ute Performance Pack.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Update on fuel consumption, last tank it used 12.5 litre/100 km at an average speed of 58 km/hr with very light right foot, keeping the rev below 2000 rpm most of the time to achieve it. Pre-modifications, the best I got was 12.8 litre/100 km at an average speed of 62 km/hr. The workshop fixed the engine light which hasn't come on since. Very happy with the modifications, the exhaust sound is growing on me so I left it open all the time. I noticed when I stopped at the traffic light, put the auto in Neutral instead of left it in Drive, the fuel consumption dropped from 4 litre/hr to 3 litre/hr at stationary. Put the HF20" wheels back on to get few more km out of the original tyres.
You'll probably get better fuel economy going to 3k, cam will be better there

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Monthly updates:

Must be my old age, the ute now has more power than I can handle at full throttle. It will take a while for me to learn how to handle the extra power especially in the wet. For everyday use, I wouldn't suggest anyone to go further with "super charge". In fact the OTR, 1 7/8" header and 3' exhaust system should be more than adequate. No real need for the camshaft replacement. But then it is just my opinion.

I made a mistake to say that the idle rpm was 600+, in fact it is closer to 700. Leave it in "D" at the traffic light, it uses 4 litre/hr and ticking over smoothly. Put it in "N", it uses 3 litre/hr but ticking over quite rough.
Your intake is very early so definitely able to lower the idle, low speed cruise is tricky with that much dynamic comp down low and decent overlap but smoothing that midrange power lower down like off idle is the challenge.
I really like that cam, would love ethanol or even 98, is almost identical to this cam with more overlap and later EVO. So a torque monster, good stuff!

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Update on the package: Experiencing "flat spot" with the engine pick up at low speed, it happens when braking from 60km/hr to 30km/hr then full press the accelerator, the engine just splatters, exhaust crackles an pops for a second or two before the ute actually gets moving. This happens when the ute approaching junctions, slowing down to see if any other vehicles approaching, if not, then back on the accelerator in full to get moving quickly. Also happens when stuck in a slow moving traffic in the left lane, trying to pull out into the fast lane when a gap appears. Took it back to the workshop for a different tune set up, it is better now but couldn't quite fix it, also now the ute surges a bit when gear changes up, makes gear changes quite noticeable as it was barely noticeable before. The workshop said that they have increased the fuel supply to minimise the slow speed pick up "flat spot", hence the vehicle surges a bit at gear changes. Will take the ute back the workshop next week to decide which tune set up is better.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl v8 commodore
that a shame your having problems, should be hassle free motoring, i would take it elsewhere
your car should drive like a brand new car,
turner should know what they're doing, it's not a old flogged out **** box , should be running smicko
if somethings wrong air leak ect they should pick it up ,
that's what you paid them for