Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Redline - Manual Gearbox / Diff Issues

TTubrag

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
No. TR6060. Next iteration of T56.
It's not all gears, only 2nd gear that people seem to consistently complain about, and then when the box is cold or if speed shifting.
Changing out the ATF fluid to a decent manual transmission oil seems to give most people much better shift quality.

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
The tremec is a notchy box most strong manuals are. The thud is likely the centre bearing assembly which is designed to move and protect the tailshaft. Sounds like your just smashing the stick a little to enthusiastically in a tight new box.. Happens to the best of us I suppose

TTubrag

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
Go to 6:20 on this to see the how, why, what and source of 1st and 2nd gear shifting problems on T56 and TR6060 manual transmissions.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SERIES 2 REDLINE MANUAL
I have a 2016 Redline which I've had from new and I haven't ragged it and I also get a little bit of grinding from 1st to 2nd. I sometimes find it doesn't shift into gear correctly if I'm moving fairly slowly like around a tight roundabout. It seems like a synchro issue which I am going to mention at my next service. My car has 35K on the clock so the gearbox isn't tight or new.
i have the same issue.....2016 VF REDLINE