Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Sports armour removal

Nico36

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
I use DE-SOLV-IT to remove any adhesives/stickers , available at Bunnings , unlike the idiots at the smash repairs that managed to put a split in my Sports Armour just before the join on both sides . I'm not sure which dick heads broke them as I went to 2 repairers , but they are both useless fk's as they both broke parts on my car and hid it , for me to discover later .
Painted yes. They blend in nicely. Conversely, some of the splitters I've seen on Chevy SS pages look great in matt black.
I agree, they dont look too bad on colours that it doesn't stand out on. I have a 2016 Redline in red, so with all the chrome it just looked out of place. That and it had already started to eat away at the clear coat on the edge of the bumper from vibrations I'm going to assume. There was also a shitload of rocks and debris caught behind it that would undoubtedly scratched the paint over time.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
I have a VF black edition in black with added black bits and have the Sports Armour. Can hardly see it and after seeing the damage to the underneath of my E3 R8 from rolled edged gutters where I live, (All fixed now with a new bumper and only I get the car out of the driveway) it was a no brainer getting it on the VF.

HB.SSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Any chance you can take a photo of it? Im considering the sports armour on my black redline and would be good to see how it would look.

Alz0019

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 vf s1
Hey guys, just having some dramas removing the sports armour that was on the car prior to me purchasing it. What would you recommend is the safest way to help remove the double sided tape underneath the armour? I have tried using a hairdryer and its ineffective. Is there anything I can spray on it that is safe to soften it up so I can peel the armour off? Cheers
Hey mate. I know this is random, but I'm looking to remove my sports armour. Just wondering how was the process? and Would your recommend getting it done by a professional or is it easy enough to do myself? Cheers