Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 SS EXHAUST

cdr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF Maloo R8
HSV VE and VF headers that you see a lot on eBay won't match up to the VFII bimodal exhaust, the cats on the series 2 are in a different location. Maybe the HSV VFII track editions had different headers. I am yet to find a header that matches up to the stock VFII exhaust that is different from the series 1.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Thats a good question and something ive thought of doing if i do anything to our director.

What are peoples thoughts on a good set of headers/cats mated up to the rest of the oem bi-modal exhaust system?
Good idea. I'll be going Tri-y's 200cpi cats and a VF GTS cat back if I can find one. That combo worked a treat on my VF1 Redline. I reckon it'll be awesome with the bi-modal mufflers.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Pretty silly question. I'm really loving my Bi modal exhaust at the moment and I'd like to keep it but I still want to get the thing breathing better. What would I be able to replace without removing the bi modal.

I did this with GM motorsport headers/cats last year, Had to weld 02 bungs in the factory exhaust(not there in VF2, they're in the cat). It made it louder but not a nice sound when the bimodal open, sounded hollow and crackley. Loving the 3" KPM now :)

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
The VF2 Bi modals do really sound awful, in my opinion. Very raspy.
Another option, which I've seen done a lot, is people changing the rear mufflers but rigging the Bi modal system from the standard mufflers onto the new mufflers.

ShinWow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV 6.2L Manual
The VF2 Bi modals do really sound awful, in my opinion. Very raspy.
I love it, at least from inside the cabin anyway :) My VE with deleted rear mufflers sounded very boomy and when it "popped" it just sounded like blub,blub,blub.

The VF with the bi-modals locked open, however... SNAP! CRACKLE! POP! :D

I'd be curious how it does sound under acceleration from behind though. I've heard (what I believed to be) a stock VE Clubsport and it sounded so thin and raspy, I hope mine doesn't sound like that from outside :p

I have no desire to change my exhaust from factory, very happy with it how it is.

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Im running Genie Tri-y headers and 100 cell metallic cats into the stock mid section and bi-modal mufflers (and OTR and tune). It's certainly louder than the stock combo (I have the bimodal relay removed as well so they stay open) and as well I dont have any desire to change the rear mufflers. And unlike the 4 into 1's on my previous VF, I dont hear the annoying sound of a coke can with ball bearings rattling around under the car. The difillpos I had were terrible for that!

rossimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 wagon
Im running Genie Tri-y headers and 100 cell metallic cats into the stock mid section and bi-modal mufflers (and OTR and tune). It's certainly louder than the stock combo (I have the bimodal relay removed as well so they stay open) and as well I dont have any desire to change the rear mufflers. And unlike the 4 into 1's on my previous VF, I dont hear the annoying sound of a coke can with ball bearings rattling around under the car. The difillpos I had were terrible for that!
Does this setup still retain the crackle and pops of the stock system?

Thinking about doing something similar but don't want to lose them.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Ater doing a bit more research I'm almost convinced to just do the W375 package. But thats a long way down the track so I'm likely to change my mind :)

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Does this setup still retain the crackle and pops of the stock system?

Yes, if you want more then asks for it when they are applying the tune.

n3wbi3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS V RedLine
Iv been thinking of doing Difilipo full headers and exhaust.
Iv had c&a autofashion recommend me a 2.5 inch due to it being auto...

Iv heard a walkinshaw 375 package and my god it sounded awesome. Will i get the same tone as well?

Really dont wanna spend 4k and not be happy.