Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VFII Redline dashcam

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Yeah, bugger.

Curious how it goes with insurance and whether they try and ping you for the excess for smashing into the car in front.

Person that hit him from behind will be responsible for all vehicles involved so he should not have to pay it.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Person that hit him from behind will be responsible for all vehicles involved so he should not have to pay it.
Yes I rang insurance today and confirmed that if someone hits you from behind and then pushed you into the vehicle in front, the guy at the rear is responsible for all cars and only he pays excess if he is identified (so chase him down if he tries a runner).

However, if you hit a car and then someone runs into the back of you after that initial impact, you pay excess and you are responsible for the car in front and you front while the guy who crashed into you also pays excess and is responsible for the rear of your car.

The insurance guy said that if there are no witnesses in multi car nose to tail crash, which often happens at night in low traffic situations, that is where a dash cam can be very helpful. The video documents the sequence/timing of the impact events and thus who pays excess ;)

So all good, thanks :)

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Thats why dashcams are a good investment.
I got my first blackvues years ago and had to have them sent from korea because the did not sell them here.
Have had one incident where the cam footage was used to my advantage so they have paid for themselves for many years.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Yes I rang insurance today and confirmed that if someone hits you from behind and then pushed you into the vehicle in front, the guy at the rear is responsible for all cars and only he pays excess if he is identified (so chase him down if he tries a runner).

However, if you hit a car and then someone runs into the back of you after that initial impact, you pay excess and you are responsible for the car in front and you front while the guy who crashed into you also pays excess and is responsible for the rear of your car.

The insurance guy said that if there are no witnesses in multi car nose to tail crash, which often happens at night in low traffic situations, that is where a dash cam can be very helpful. The video documents the sequence/timing of the impact events and thus who pays excess ;)

So all good, thanks :)

At this point there is no cost to me , I have to take it to the repairer on Tuesday , but I have all the trim painted as well as badges , 1 badge can be salvaged but I doubt they will repaint the LS3 badge on the front . The car for some reason now runs like a bugga when not fully hot for some reason I can't fathom , there is front damage but it only appears to be the bumper and trim , so I wonder if they will cover a tune ?
Any way , i'll let yas know Tuesday .

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
At this point there is no cost to me , I have to take it to the repairer on Tuesday , but I have all the trim painted as well as badges , 1 badge can be salvaged but I doubt they will repaint the LS3 badge on the front . The car for some reason now runs like a bugga when not fully hot for some reason I can't fathom , there is front damage but it only appears to be the bumper and trim , so I wonder if they will cover a tune ?

One your your sensors is most likely damaged, how does the MAF look, it also houses the Air Intake Temperature sensor. The car won’t need a tune.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
One your your sensors is most likely damaged, how does the MAF look, it also houses the Air Intake Temperature sensor. The car won’t need a tune.

Its supercharged with a maffless tune , but the damage seems relatively minor
20190420_114747.jpg

The rear is worse and was wondering where the fuel pump was .
20190420_114821.jpg

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Ouch, I hate seeing nice cars damaged through no fault of the owner.

Since none of this is your fault, and the at fault driver has been identified, your vehicle should be returned to pre accident condition which should include all custom mods you’ve done and any mechanical issues caused by the crash. This should be the case whether you repair through the at fault parties insurance policy or though your insurance policy (where you’ll have no excess charged on your claim).

Even if going through your insurance policy, where you haven’t specified those custom colour trim mods, there will be full recovery from the at fault parties policy so there should be no reason for your insurance company to deny repairing such unspecified body mods.

As to the cold run problem, that is something you can and should discuss with the assessor. It should be fixed if presumably caused by the crash and not a pre existing problem. As to why it is running badly after a front end smash, who knows but the repairer/assessor should arrange for it to be looked into. It could be a simple thing like a connector that popped off a sensor somewhere.

Hope it all goes smoothly.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Autobahn had a 30% sale again today