Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Victorians beware - Operation Pipedown is coming

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
haha classical music, nice.

they've been picking on younger drivers for a while now with all this undefined hoon business and do you really think they'll only get the "stupidly loud" ones? noo anyone on their ps in a v6 you'll get pulled over.

stupidly loud exhausts are annoying (I know i had one, got another muffler put on the other day sounds heaps better lol) but hardly cause for concern - hardly enough for an entire police team to target just us "hoons" what a joke.

when they announced that it was like "new team targeting HOONS./drink drivers..."

yes it is a problem. yes there are a lot of morons out there driving v6s and "tearing it up"
but somehow i think there are more important matters to deal with at the moment, like maybe all the boats caught entering australian waters of late, moving them to the mainland etc.

nah people are more interested in hoons.

They won't only target the younger drivers but also drivers who own vintage cars will be caught up in all of this.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Old man had a geniune HQ GTS Monaro.
Standard those things were loud. How do they work around that?

Nanos

Not a Mod
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII LS1 Berlina Wagon
How is it pathetic? I think its great, it is bloody annoying trying to drive along with windows up, relaxed, listening to some brilliant classical music, only to have some deadhead falcon/commodore come past with their piece of crap droney pile of **** 6 cylinder that seems to be emitting a jet stream behind it.

About time these stupidly loud vehicles were cracked down on.

i like to think my LS1 is not some piece of crap with droney pipes. It must be though since i got EPA notice last year.

Minux you can have tunnel vision at times. Not all cars with loud exhaust are **** heaps. I have bolts on only good brand exhaust (defillipo system) and it is way over the limit.

**** your WRX with a sports system would be. Its crap they crack down on modified cars like this but i know the risk so i have stock exhaust in the garage.

If i get a EPA notice ill bolt stock exhaust on (takes the whole of about 20minutes) drive down to tester get it passed again then drive home and put sports system back on. Really do not see the cops point apart from trying to do media stunt and raise some revenue.

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
This is a quote from a Melb Police Officer the other day: "What makes me laugh, is that they are not doing anything different apart from running around with an EPA station for the weekend. People get so uptight with media releases, yet all seem to miss that it is just the same crap with a different media spin to make it sound like a new operation. "

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
Any one heard any more about this operation? Was supposed to start today and run for 2 weeks.

v6lux

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 (was VR) V6 Hilux
Noisy trucks don't often get pinged. From what I understand, using a Jake Brake in Residential areas is illegal. My street is great for that, just a few blocks away from a old quarry they are back-filling and it's down hill. Great little short-cut for all those Cowboy big Tipper and Dog drivers.

It seems trucks on back-roads never get touched. Perhaps there should be some concerted effort in dealing with this type of noise too!

Any one heard any more about this operation? Was supposed to start today and run for 2 weeks.

Sorry mate, what did you say, I had my window open? The traffic noise is too loud!

It will never stop - specific Police crackdowns are a waste of resources and offenders are easy targets compared to the real criminals!

BoNeZ-01

"..of mice and men.."
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 50th Anniversary
Noisy trucks don't often get pinged. From what I understand, using a Jake Brake in Residential areas is illegal. My street is great for that, just a few blocks away from a old quarry they are back-filling and it's down hill. Great little short-cut for all those Cowboy big Tipper and Dog drivers.

It seems trucks on back-roads never get touched. Perhaps there should be some concerted effort in dealing with this type of noise too!

Sorry mate, what did you say, I had my window open? The traffic noise is too loud!

It will never stop - specific Police crackdowns are a waste of resources and offenders are easy targets compared to the real criminals!

I'm with you on this point v6lux.
I live in a small town, where our main street is also the main highway through town.

The trucks use their exhaust brakes all the way from the motels at the top end at the outer residential limits of town, which is a down hill run, right down to the clock tower intersection, a roundabout in the very center of the main street.
Even though there are signs telling trucks to 'limit' the use of exhaust brakes in the town area.

Plus they sit smack on 50km/h right up to the intersections, and try to stop at the last second.
They never wanna slow down, even in the middle of the main street when ya wanna park, and get the shits with you when you make them stop and wait for ya.

They park out front of houses, banks and other places, which are clearly sign posted- No Truck Parking At Any Time, making it dangerously hard to see past them safely when trying to enter the main street from an intersection.

Speeding in the 40 & 50km/h zones.

Tailgating cars, both through town, and out on the highways.

But no, all this sh*t they do and more, and yet I never see them get pinched for doing any of it by the cops!
So yeah, where is their consistency in their so called 'policing' of the safety of our streets and highways?

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
This pisses me off, instead of catching crims thiefs ect, they would rather spend there time on catchin people with loud cars.

v6lux

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 (was VR) V6 Hilux
My 2C's wirth;
Actually, it"s all about justifying their jobs! Lets face it, Australia has a relatively low crime rate when it comes to victims, compared to other countries. That's why "they" ("they" to not target anyone in particular) all want to come and live here. My parents did!

If there was no Highway Patrol and Operation's XXXXXXXX, The number of Police that would be sitting round doing nothing on a shift would be huge. If this was the case, cost cutting would eventually mean no more recruits and the little od ladies would be screaming for more Police as the crime rate would elevate.

To those P'Plate Pimps in your Homie Rides keep up the good work. You are creating employment!