Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Video: Stock V Hsv Headers On 2.5inch Catback

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Thread cleaned - next stop, ban stick :)

shterk

Reaction score
Members Ride
Phantom VE Calais V Sportwagon S2 A6
Although I wasn't completely innocent this thread is quite an instructional one IMO :D

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Hahaha it sure was, I certainly learnt a fair bit, even took away some tips on modding my car lol!
Good to see the mods taking control and not letting threads get out of hand :)

shterk

Reaction score
Members Ride
BTW thanks for your input Turtle I greatly appreciate it, I think I will go with the vcm otr as people from around my area don't seem to have any issues with the fuzz with them... plus they look cool!

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
BTW thanks for your input Turtle I greatly appreciate it, I think I will go with the vcm otr as people from around my area don't seem to have any issues with the fuzz with them... plus they look cool!

Glad you enjoyed it, you missed the *spanking* which was really the highlight for me, thank you.

BTW it's not the fuzz, insurance, or ADR / Motor Registry that is the issue with an OTR, it's when and if you need to make a Holden drivetrain claim. Basically you need to whip it off and act like it didn't exist. Same with tune and exhaust.

To Holden's assessing engineer a mention in report of these things are like a Get out of Jail Free card in circumstances where raised power caused by modification (legal or otherwise) is deemed cause of fault.

The Orrsom is not an exposed pod type filter, and does not cause concern with the fuzz.

Last edited:

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Without causing any more issues.. if holden have a go at you about an exhaust laugh and go to consumer affairs. It's that simple. I had a maf replaced under warranty with my otr fitted. Kept throwing engine lights turns out the little wire thing was buggered. Didn't say a single thing about my otr because it didn't cause the fault. If an exhaust or otr damages your drIveline well... I dunno how on earth it would. It's a bloody air intake for god sakes.

shterk

Reaction score
Members Ride
Without causing any more issues.. if holden have a go at you about an exhaust laugh and go to consumer affairs. It's that simple. I had a maf replaced under warranty with my otr fitted. Kept throwing engine lights turns out the little wire thing was buggered. Didn't say a single thing about my otr because it didn't cause the fault. If an exhaust or otr damages your drIveline well... I dunno how on earth it would. It's a bloody air intake for god sakes.

I was under the impression that any intake mod would void warranty as it introduces an increase of airflow to the engine which requires the ecu to get adjusted to compensate for the additional air, therefore altering the car from stock. Is this not the case?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl

Don't listen to that baloney. If you think you can make a claim in NSW through the CTTT about breach of warranty contract, read the thing first, save your $130. You are not going to get a judgement and order from a court having a technical whinge about bigger is better against Holden.
Specifically the catback is ok, replacing the engine manifold and / or cat for an aftermarket race system isn't.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I was under the impression that any intake mod would void warranty as it introduces an increase of airflow to the engine which requires the ecu to get adjusted to compensate for the additional air, therefore altering the car from stock. Is this not the case?

Yes. Like I said above.

Nothing to stop you changing back to original before claim, or managing the claim through your tuner.

Except the hassle and $$

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Omg... bugger This lost cause! I give up!