Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK EFI 6 Economy

SUSPECT

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.calaisturbo.com.au
Members Ride
SUZUKI GSX-R 1000 k8
WOW 175kw :O thats crazy LOL not much power mate.... and there slow petty guzling motors its a known fact! soon u will learn grass hopper

fuel_consump_chart.gif

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
But if your engine isnt stock or you've tuned it different, that won't help much.

E

electric_monk

Get LPG, it costs a bit to install but its damned worth it. I can't tell you how happy I am only to be paying 20-25 at the pump, and less often too! I think some members have installed parts of the gas system themselves as well to save money. It definately works :)

synoptica

Stripping VK - PM me!
Reaction score
Members Ride
No longer a Commodore
250km from a tank is absoloutley retarded dude.

There's no way that's running right. You should see 400 from it.

edit: you've got 3.08 gears? You should see 400 without a problem. 3.08 is bloody low.

edit: you SHOULD (if it were a normal non-****ed VK EFI) see it there and back with 2 tanks each way and probably a bit to spare at the end, too. I reckon you could squeeze up to 700 out of a tank on the highway.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
lol you think 250 is bad..... Ben gets under 200 per tank! & I think that my getting 320 is bad!

D.

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
synoptica said:

edit: you've got 3.08 gears? You should see 400 without a problem. 3.08 is bloody low.

edit: you SHOULD (if it were a normal non-****ed VK EFI) see it there and back with 2 tanks each way and probably a bit to spare at the end, too. I reckon you could squeeze up to 700 out of a tank on the highway.

my vk isnt ****ed..
its in perfect condition with low kms, i think it just needs a proper service & tune up.

Sammy

Reaction score
Website
www.oldholdens.com
Members Ride
LH Torana with Ecotec V6
Goon said:
But if your engine isnt stock or you've tuned it different, that won't help much.

couldn't agree more ... i got a blue 202 with vk efi, celica 5 speed and 3.08 gears in my torana and mine uses $1-2 per 100km's more than my brothers VS V6 ute gets .... and i can assure you it smokes his ute too.

Mr Robbo - The General

Defect Notice Attractor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Statesman 5L
My VK gets about 300 From a tank, and i must admit to a lead foot. When im conserving a tank for a long trip, by driving gently and sitting on around 95 - 100, she gets about 370.

darkmoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 3.3i, V6 VL in Production
synoptica said:

I have to agree with you. I get around 10k/1L on the hwy. Which equates to around 600 kms to the tank. I know the VL lovers and VK haters out there will arc up but the 3ltr VL motors would do well to beat it.
Kain