Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK EFI 6 Economy

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
getting between 200 and 300 out of a vk, how do u treat ur cars??? 62L tank? thats tonnes bad i get about 400-500 out of a tank in the city and i used 2 get bout 650-700 in the country, then i got extractors, made city economy better but country worse, bout 600 in country now and about 450-500 in city everytime now...and ive got a carby motor!!! although i think being a manual helps although it doesnt have any overdrive, 100kph sits at about 2700rpm

darkmoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 3.3i, V6 VL in Production
VKStevo said:
getting between 200 and 300 out of a vk, how do u treat ur cars??? 62L tank? thats tonnes bad i get about 400-500 out of a tank in the city and i used 2 get bout 650-700 in the country, then i got extractors, made city economy better but country worse, bout 600 in country now and about 450-500 in city everytime now...and ive got a carby motor!!! although i think being a manual helps although it doesnt have any overdrive, 100kph sits at about 2700rpm

That must be a pretty well tuned carby. I had one years ago and didn't get that kind of milage until I had the carby rebuilt (acid bathed, rebushed and kitted). Nice one
I agree on the manual, My car really needs another gear (trimatic)
Kain

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
yeh i have just had a reconditioned carby chucked in, but i still used 2 get about the same economy, only reason i got a new carby was coz the engine wouldnt run with any sense at all wen it was cold

ok sure, if i put my foot down to the floor and drag ppl off at the lights, sure, i wont get that economy, but hey im not a slow driver either as im sure those who know me would agree

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
but in the country, i am still a p plater so limited 2 100kph which probably helps economy a bit