Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vl project :-P

05 Senator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais RB25 turbo, VS Calais
ok cheers. ill just get a boily at work to knock one up for me. you can get joiners at places like super cheap auto and repco can't ya? or are they **** quality?

05 Senator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais RB25 turbo, VS Calais
well bugger that. ill just wait til i have my calais turbo.. thanks mate

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Nice project, goodluck with her!

Beno1982

Beno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6 sedan
If i were you, i'd try and find myself an RB20 or RB25 DOHC motor do that up. As soon as your ready to get yourself your fulll open license and expererience behind the wheel before you start looking at power. I don't want to tell a life story here but i was really lucky my parents own a panel beating and spray painting shop and my first car was a 11 sec RX4 13 B, absolutely unreal to drive still got it today and done a lot more work to it. Now is twin turbo and fastest time cross quarter mile was 9.01 sec, and stilll with full streeet rego. I don't want to sound like a parent but before you start thinking about HP. Beleive me when i as a kid all i wanted to do was go fast, and there be a lot more ppl on here that have been on my situation, but a 11 sec street car is way to fast and quick for the inexperienced.

sec street car is way to fast for a learner

pempa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SL
Hey mate nice project you got going on here. Have u thought about changing your final drive gear ratio to say either 3.7 or 3.9's? This would make the car feel alot more "torquey" and also its a nice mod to increase acceration without being noticed by the cops when they go over the car. Even with a set of 3.7s the car shouldnt be to bad on the hwy yet have enough pull for the lights.... just thought id point this out for u as u were asking for suggestions and all. good luck with it mate,

Pempa

ash23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
yeah between 20 and 60 bucks a piece for the silicone joins and the alloy pipe was just intercooler pipe bought from one of those go fast shops. only thing i dont like about it is the alloy gets kinda hot...

and thanks beno i appreciate any help but i know what im doing with a car and im not an idiot on the roads plus ive owned this car and other commodores for a fair while now and getting really familiar with it so naturally looking to go a bit quicker :)

ash23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
also pempa how would you do that? gearbox out i guess? and where would you get gears that would fit it, any idea? and how would that go with 4 11's in the diff?

t-rav

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Executive
nice to see a clean vl build up , i will post my vl build up that i started about a month ago now .
love the car bud keep up the good work !

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 vl sl commodore
hey guys check out my vl. at the moment it is my daily drive but not too sure but may be getting my liscense suspended for 3 months soon...
anyway basically i have got it back to stock and tidyed it up really nice, fixed pretty much all leaks: oil, water, powersteering etc. also new distributor cap, leads, plugs, oil, filter, fuel filter, timing belt, and water pump.

since that i have painted the rocker cover and replaced the old plastic intake pipes with alloy ones and a pod filter. apart from that the car is fully stock.

being still on green p's i cant have a turbo yet but looking to slam a bit more power out of it.. if my lisecense does get suspended i will be dropping the engine out but otherwise for now i would prefer not to.

suggestions please :D
She looks nice bro