Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL vacuum reservoir

ian94mt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina Wagon RB30
hey im new here so this has probably been answered before but ill ask anyway. on the right hand side of my vl commodore behind the front bumper there is a ball with a chord atatched just hanging down the clips that held it somewhere are broken. ive done some research and found its the vacuum reservoir and the question is where is it meant to be attatched and how should i fix it, or should i just rip it out?

photos of a normal one (how it should be) would be great.
cheers

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
This thing? Mine has a bracket coming off of it, attached via a bolt near it, and the cable goes towards the front/side of the bumper and up into oblivion (I dunno where it leads lol)

Sorry about the pics, lying on my back doesn't leave much arm room lol

dnh66f.jpg

sowd43.jpg

2e3vbig.jpg

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Found this

You really need to replace the ball - if not you will not be able to change direction of your heater/aircon vents. Unless you seal the vacuum lines you will be upsetting the fuel/air mix in the engine. The car can also be defected as you cannot operate the demister with no control over the switch.

So thats why my demister doesn't work!

ian94mt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina Wagon RB30
Thanks for the replies.

On mine the bracket has been broken, would it be sweet to drill some holes in whats left of it and just cable tie it up in a similar place?

cheers

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Thanks for the replies.

On mine the bracket has been broken, would it be sweet to drill some holes in whats left of it and just cable tie it up in a similar place?

cheers

I don't see how that could hurt, probs what I would do lol, I love cable ties, I even cable tied my throttle cable when it broke

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
That would be fine just try and leave a fair bit of plastic all around the hole so it can't crack through and drop coz u will know running over that at 100 kms. It will launch u :p

ian94mt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina Wagon RB30
Just an update it worked perfectly. After 4 cable ties its probably more firmly attatched than it ever was.