Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vl walkinshaw replica project

CORNY4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 304 EFI T5
Awesome build mate!! Looks mint. Looks like you have the same problem as me with the rear brakes. I get absolutely no fluid to the rear. I re-kitted the master cylinder, and still the same.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
Awesome build mate!! Looks mint. Looks like you have the same problem as me with the rear brakes. I get absolutely no fluid to the rear. I re-kitted the master cylinder, and still the same.
cheers mate,we did fix that problem the issue was the travel in the brake pedal was not enough,take out the brake switch and fiddle with the travel.
we still have to work out what to do about a switch though lol.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
up date,more problems though lol!!

ok so the car is on the ground,all put together,and drives BUT!!!

it has developed a miss at say 3000rpm and on idle it hunt's when the engine is warm and also will back fire when revved every now and then(sounds like its down on a cylinder or massive air leak),when its cold its fine(it was also doing this in the vn lol)
compression test was fine and every cylinder had over 160kpa i think my dad said,and have changed all vacum lines blocked them off etc.

we have currently replaced,o2 sensor, ignition module,tps,map sensor,has a brand new-coil,dizzy,rotor button and cap, leads are all new as well as plugs,injectors are recondition,and the fuel reg has been tested(though we still have vl pumps in the car every one says this is fine)
we have pulled the timing cover off to double check the cam timing and its all sweet,if we unplug the manifold temp switch then the engine check light comes on and it idles even worse so that seems to be working.
the only thing we haven't replace is the ecu which the part number is 099337 AND has written on delco, Holden, Nissan, Toyota which seems a little sus?(CHECK PICTURE)
if its not the ecu i'm thinking a leaking manifold, though doing the old oil test is showing no singes of smoke from the rear off car.

ANY ONE THAT THINKS WE MAY HAVE MISSED SOME THING PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!

Last edited:

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
I had the same issue.i never sorted it as i got bored and sold up.but ill post a couple vids up

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
I had the same issue.i never sorted it as i got bored and sold up.but ill post a couple vids up

hmm you think the pumps man? i have a vn tank and pumps lying around still,i will have to give them ago,though i remember you saying they gave too much fuel,FML!!

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
You can run i diag like you do with vl....

I changed the following.

Fuel pump from an 044 to stock vl
ecu
fuel reg
02 sensor
dizzy cap
set the timming

it got that bad that when working on it when it was running it was that fumey it burnt the #### out of my eyes.......

it was good ok on first drive home from exhaust shop but i didnt give it lots because i was keeping an eye on everything

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
No one could work out what was wrong......

One thing we may have put it down to was fuel line was close to headers so maybe before the fuel was to hit before it enteted engine