Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vl walkinshaw replica project

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
Vl has now got rego and is on the road wow what a project!!!

Got a blue slip on monday,and got rego today car is finally complete :)
more pictures once interior is steam cleaned.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 321
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 283

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
I spoke to Pat at v6conversions today about hooking up my electronic speedo.
we need to run a speed signal to the ecu which should be 2 pulses per rotation of the tailshaft (I think)
this would go to the brown wire with a yellow trace form the ecu which I think is on the white plug that we ran some other wires to near the ecu.

when the ecu gets a speed signal it stops it from running in limp mode.
have you done this?
hey bud,
i have used a vn ecu it does not control the gearbox we did not have to even hook up the wiring for it,just reverse lights.
my car i used a cable which clips into the vl dash and bolts in the vn box,you should of got the cable much cheaper and easyier i think.
my car is now on the road:)

twr-92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL walky replica, ve sv6, vy s
mine is a vp ecu, but the ecu requires a speed signal to come into it so that it doesn't run too rich.
pins 6,7 & 8 on the back of the cluster put out 2 pulses per rotation, and I would think that you need to run a wire from one of those pins to the brown wire with a yellow trace to tell the ecu how fast you are going.

congrats on getting it on the road.
can you get a pic of how you mounted the front plate? I want to mount mine in the same place

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
mine is a vp ecu, but the ecu requires a speed signal to come into it so that it doesn't run too rich.
pins 6,7 & 8 on the back of the cluster put out 2 pulses per rotation, and I would think that you need to run a wire from one of those pins to the brown wire with a yellow trace to tell the ecu how fast you are going.

congrats on getting it on the road.
can you get a pic of how you mounted the front plate? I want to mount mine in the same place
yeah the vp computer is different,the car runs and drives fine now i will upload a video when i can,
i brought L brackets from bunnings and screwed them into the top of the inside bar, then bolted the plate to them fairly easy.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
alarm/central locking/2 immobilizers/and heaps of sensor fitted today.
steam clean of the full interior hopefully tomorrow

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
how did you go with insurance, I suppose when you got to the modifications question it took a while to answer.
what insurance? lol they won't insure me for what iv'e spent,at a reasonable premium any way,will prob have to wait till i'm 25,this car will always be a second car i will never park it any where and its always parked in my drive way behind other cars.
i got the alarm just for reassurance.

twr-92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL walky replica, ve sv6, vy s
I'll be keen to see what NRMA (my current insurer) do for me. I'll want an agreed value of $20k because I've spent about that much on it, and it'll cost that mush to buy a replacement replica (or late model second hand car) if the worst happens. I'm 32 with only 1 glass repair claim when someone threw a rock off an overpass so hopefully that helps get the premium down.

I'm expecting it to be a lengthy phone call wen listing all mods

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
we took the vl out today for a good run up the mountains,very happy with how it went.
the only thing we are going to change are the diff gears.