Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VLV6T5TT Wahooogon

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL V6 Turbo'd Sedan, Turbo'd V6 Altered
Golly, forgot all about this thread, I have been too busy mucking about with a racecar I have.

Just got another of my favourite S1 VN motors with low k's and a 700R4 auto for this heap, have fitted the Corvette servo to the trans, just put my 450CC injectors in, so the motor should be back in after the next couple of days with all the turbo gear back on for some more fun. Pity really, because as soon as this thing is sorted, I will have to sell it to finish off my race car project. :doh:

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nice tidy twin turbo V6 VL anybody?? LOL

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
Crikey, this thread is about as dead as my car. I have stolen the fresh engine out of this for my racecar project, but I just slipped another quite low mileage stocker series 1 Buick in the hole, and just need to get Mr Delcowizzid to wave his magic wand over it, and we should be back in business for a while. This will be a low boost (7PSI) venture now, as I need it for a daily driver again, and possibly as a towcar when my racecar is ready to boogie.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
hehe im good to go whenever you are ready

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
I can't wait to see you perform your black magic, it really is quite fascinating to us "noobs" LOL I have read up on it, but I am one of thos tactile types, unless I see it done, it is all bullshit and meaningless heh

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
Woohoo, I got the old girl going again today, and considering I am running 390CC injectors on a standard memcal, it didn't go too bad. It is fluffy low down, but when you feed it the right foot and it clears itself, it pulls nice and hard, and is making 5 to 7 pounds boost.

If anybody has any doubts about these 700R4 auto's, like I had, then a good start is putting one of those Corvette servo's in, I cannot believe how much better it is, very precise shifts rather than the big yawns it had bteween gears before. best 50 bucks I have spent on the old heap!!!

Hopefully the wizzard will be waving his magic wand over it in the next day or so, so when it goes right I might make a vid or 2 of the thing getting thrashed LOL

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
man how many engines have you blown untuned yet you still go out and get it on boost LOL you are keen hope you havnt half killed it allready

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
man how many engines have you blown untuned yet you still go out and get it on boost LOL you are keen hope you havnt half killed it allready

7 !!! and that is a true amount :help:

but I have a spare in the shed...... The one in the car is still fine I reckon, it was running steam train rich, so I didn't rattle it... I think

I did manage a first, second, third gear skid too.... BOOST ADDICT !!!!!! LOL

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
THE END

This is the official end of this thread, I have wasted far too much time on these fragile Buick V6's, my current one broke during tuning today, so I am officially over this idea. :bang:

If I decide to keep this car, I will go over to the dark side and use an RB30 like everybody else does with their VL's, at least those engines are designed strong enough to take some boost. I will start a new thread if I do decide to resurrect the thing...... :cry:

meantime, to V6 the race car project, or not to V6 the racecar project....that is the question.