Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sic308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute
i have a vg ute and it runs rough as guts and missis alot under load dose that soound like your problem? iv replace all plugs and leads put a new fuel pump in and injectors. new head gaskets and vally but still dose it. any ideas?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
my vn did the same thing was the cas on the way out would drive ok untill really sinking the boot in and it would cough and fart i replaced dfi coils and numerous parts i had on hand bought a cheap new ebay cas and shes away going better than ever

aussieghostrider

Reaction score
wow what can I say but the fricken dreaded misfire of the vn ..

I have replaced coilpack/dfi , spark plugs , leads , cleaned throttle body , new fuel filter and nulon injector cleaner etc ...

it helped alot replacing all those items ...

coil pack died couple months later ... was 2nd hand <----

bought a BRAND NEW coilpack/dfi and miss is slightly there ... put bottle injector cleaner again but at full bottle to 1/4 tank premium and go on the freeway at high revs/speed ..

all good now .... if you still have a miss then it's inlet manifold leak or ya injectors are really stuffed or the computer has dry solder joints.. or worse head gaskets gone .....

try replacing or reconditioning injectors first then if miss still there inlet manifold ... and thenif still there headgasket ... <-- if you have done a headgasket then just get a 2nd hanf engine be cheaper ...unless your engines worked and you want to keep it.

Vlad01

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP vacationer, 95 VR II exec, 92 VP S Pack
I got a vn with a conrod hanging out the side, starts first time and runs spot on. Well except the loud banging of the half conrod swinging around inside. I can't ever say I experienced rough idle on a buick before.