Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Calais 5L

Renno

Home Of The Shiny Tank
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
Well since its the jolly season, I thought this image would serve well.

VNCalaisV8229.jpg

Okay now for the update. Ive nearly finished this boot release. However I happened to find out that where I drilled the holes for the cable to mount to in the boot, its too far away for the cable. So I will have to borrow a mates welder and weld the two holes up and drill another two tommorow and then the release is all done!

Also I widened the factory hole for the electric release to also accomadate the cable driven one and I also drilled a hole in the bootlod arm so the electic release can go straight through and not around and under, to try and clean it up abit.

VNCalaisV8230.jpg

Oh and I also got to work on polishing that exhaust of mine....its starting to shine, however ill never get a mirror finish out of it due to the heat damage!

VNCalaisV8231.jpg

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
With that boot why don't you buy another one and start again since the whole Big dent thing on it, thats been driving me crazy ever since i first sore your car lol,

Renno

Home Of The Shiny Tank
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
Yeah I was contemplating that a couple of days ago, however its a pretty straight boot and that dent can be popped out from behind.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
but still less effort than getting it popped out n less risk of cracking paint getting another boot

Renno

Home Of The Shiny Tank
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
Its getting a complete respray dont forget Aaron, so fixing the dent and damaging paint isnt an issue :D

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
that exhaust is looking the goods, are ya gonna coat it with something to stop the rust?

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Its getting a complete respray dont forget Aaron, so fixing the dent and damaging paint isnt an issue :D

Fair call tom, Well completely resprayed should look good lol, my car could do with one, I think if i got a buffer and went around the car it would come up a lot better but for what i paid im prety happy,

Renno

Home Of The Shiny Tank
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
that exhaust is looking the goods, are ya gonna coat it with something to stop the rust?

Cheers mate. Ill be coating all the welds with some header black paint to stop them from rusting, but for the rest of the exhaust, ill just keep on polishing it to keep it shining when the cars operational again.

Fair call tom, Well completely resprayed should look good lol, my car could do with one, I think if i got a buffer and went around the car it would come up a lot better but for what i paid im prety happy,

Yeah yours (bar the front bumper lol) will come up good with a buff!

Renno

Home Of The Shiny Tank
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
Well this is the result of taking Chris' VN for a spin around the block......:rofl:

VNCalaisV8233.jpg

VNCalaisV8234.jpg

Yes folks, thats a T5 out of a VN Exec 5L with an apparent 165,000kms on it!

Oh and I have also finished the boot release setup, FINALLY!

VNCalaisV8232.jpg

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Nice work Renno. So the conversion is going in when you take it to regency?