Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn v6 turbo

psi3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn turbo
I have had these sitting in a box in my bedroom for ages so i thought i had better get them on the car. I'm not 100% sold on the hdt headlight covers but i will wait and see what they look like with the bumper bonnet and guards installed before handing them down to my calais. They sort of mix in with the speedflow colour scheme i have going on in the engine bay so maybe they will work.

Big difference between old and new
lights.jpg

lights-1.jpg

Waits for the hdt flame comments....
lights-2.jpg

lights-3.jpg

Wiring teaser shot. Main loom has been routed throught the firewall and i have begun joining it up under the dash. Still need to find the best route for the wires from the coil pack, oxygen sensor and map sensor as they need to attatch to the same loom under the dash. The dump pipe sits under the main loom so i think i'm going to cover it with rubber line then wrap it with exhaust wrap for piece of mind.
lights-4.jpg

Should have some finished wiring shots next...

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
i like your style with how you go about things mate. do it once do it properly. Keep it up ill be watching this thread
Also you mentioned you dont like seeing wiring? Have you thought of maybe wrapping the wires sitting over polished items in silver rather then black? might help it blend in abit more. Bit to late know tho haha

cheers

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Any updates on this at all? Awesome work so far, would love to see more.

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
You want a VS master cyl reservoir mate so it sits better. Car looks great !

drippy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S pack & VP ute
LOVE the quality going into this!

Question, where about did you find them push in zip ties?? i have been looking for ages for some on my project!

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
Excellent work man, need some updates! :cool:

psi3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn turbo
i like your style with how you go about things mate. do it once do it properly. Keep it up ill be watching this thread
Also you mentioned you dont like seeing wiring? Have you thought of maybe wrapping the wires sitting over polished items in silver rather then black? might help it blend in abit more. Bit to late know tho haha

cheers

The wires sit above my dump pipe so I will be wrapping them in black exhaust wrap. Good idea though.

psi3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn turbo
Any updates on this at all? Awesome work so far, would love to see more.
Thanks mate.

Unfortunately I don't have any pics as I'm at work right now. The exhaust has been fitted along with the turbo. I have installed rear polished brakes+ painted rotors and bled the entire system. Got a few fiddly things to finish off but it's very close to being started up.. Next time I'm home I will try and get some more pics up.