Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Voodoo Thunder Ute

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
Rear window at the top on both sides. common problem apparently they didn't use enough glue
Thanks for that, I'll give mine an inspection to make sure they look well glued. It's not the kind of problem you want popping up with an out of warranty car.
On a side note, are those windows purely there for looks? They are useless for checking your blind spot, but I guess they let a little more light into the cabin.
Actually in these VE utes, especially with a humped hardcover, it's more like a blind area. Much larger than a 'spot'.
But with how nice they look, it's worth putting up with. :)

ASxTecH

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF LSA Maloo
Thanks for that, I'll give mine an inspection to make sure they look well glued. It's not the kind of problem you want popping up with an out of warranty car.
On a side note, are those windows purely there for looks? They are useless for checking your blind spot, but I guess they let a little more light into the cabin.
Actually in these VE utes, especially with a humped hardcover, it's more like a blind area. Much larger than a 'spot'.
But with how nice they look, it's worth putting up with. :)

Im tall so I can see out of them fine, i have only ever had one issue with blind spotting a car

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
I may not be reading your post properly, but I'm kinda unsure if you got the maloo or not :unsure:

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
Im tall so I can see out of them fine, i have only ever had one issue with blind spotting a car
How tall are you? I'm 6'0" and find I really need to move around in the seat to see out the blind spots. (drivers side is the worst, obviously)

Test drove a nice Maloo, Unsure on black but its a damn nice car. Only this time :boxing:
Ooooh. Very sexy looking. I test drove a couple of Maloo's before I settled on my SSV instead. They go very hard and look amazing. The insurance excess was what killed it for me. I could have just scraped by owning one, but I knew if I pranged it and had to pay that extra "performance vehicle" excess I would be entering debt territory. But if you want to talk about poor visibility, Maloo's must win some of kind of prize with those sailplanes and massive hardlid humps. lol.
Again though, who gives a sh*t? The car looks so good it's worth it, and you just indicate for a second or two before changing lanes, put your right foot down, and then make the move. They get up and go so quick that no one could still be sitting in your blind spot after a stab of the loud pedal.

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
10497869_1477140755857461_8761010630845241426_o_zps5c668b91.jpg
They 'mirin. :D

ASxTecH

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF LSA Maloo
I done this ages ago just thought i would show people

Hands down ill never buy a car without a reverse camera again. One of the best mods i have done

27D5A83E-27E0-4803-A1E7-22BFCAB4FCC1_zpsmumkyvmx.jpg

AC4B21CF-92A2-429D-98B8-06AFD11E7DE7_zpsusxinden.jpg

Also had the IQ unit unlocked. Being a ute i had the rear channels unlocked for my sound processor
2538F417-11DE-4179-8824-8B5B3E85B2BB_zps3ihfx4ph.jpg

Also had the lockouts removed
CF2D61AE-937D-4A67-9F6B-5C7160C719FD_zpsl197pwfb.jpg