Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Voodoo Thunder Ute

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
I know what you mean by paint stripping haha. Did the same with my ssz rims, never ever again lol. What is the plastidip like? is it still holding up ? I was thinking of doing a few pieces when I get the gts just to make it look a little better

ASxTecH

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF LSA Maloo
I know what you mean by paint stripping haha. Did the same with my ssz rims, never ever again lol. What is the plastidip like? is it still holding up ? I was thinking of doing a few pieces when I get the gts just to make it look a little better

It WAS holding up great till a mate and my girlfriend decided to pull it off at a car meet on the weekend

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
I really, really like those rims.

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
Mate, I spent an hour or two reading through the whole thread and I love your ute. You persevered through some real bad luck and hard times but look at that beast. It was worth it!

You never did mention why the roof headlining leaked though and I was curious about that.
I recently acquired a SSV ute, in Voodoo as well, and I've noticed the base for the aerial has a little bit of movement in it. This worries me, cause water getting in there would be a great way to destroy my interior.
How secure is the aerial base meant to be and what seals it against the car body? A gasket I would assume?

ASxTecH

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF LSA Maloo
Mate, I spent an hour or two reading through the whole thread and I love your ute. You persevered through some real bad luck and hard times but look at that beast. It was worth it!

You never did mention why the roof headlining leaked though and I was curious about that.
I recently acquired a SSV ute, in Voodoo as well, and I've noticed the base for the aerial has a little bit of movement in it. This worries me, cause water getting in there would be a great way to destroy my interior.
How secure is the aerial base meant to be and what seals it against the car body? A gasket I would assume?

not sure how its sealed mate it shouldn't be loose tho it has a bolt on the under side if the roof liner is removed you can access it

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
Thanks ASxTecH. I've since realised it isn't loose. I think I felt the actual antenna move while I was washing it, and it felt like the base had moved. It wasn't actually screwed in tight, but I've since fixed that.
Still, you never mentioned how your roof leaked a few years ago... :poke:
:D

ASxTecH

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF LSA Maloo
Thanks ASxTecH. I've since realised it isn't loose. I think I felt the actual antenna move while I was washing it, and it felt like the base had moved. It wasn't actually screwed in tight, but I've since fixed that.
Still, you never mentioned how your roof leaked a few years ago... :poke:
:D

Rear window at the top on both sides. common problem apparently they didn't use enough glue