Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VQ Statesman 1992 Series 2 Exhaust System

Sambo

Reaction score
Hi All,

This is probably discussed before..But I just got a quote for a full twin system, for $1850..If I got for a 2.5 inch will the sound be any good?

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
v8 symphony vq stato

Hey Sambo . Go a single system , u save money on the twin cats, 2 mufflers and extra pipe work u dont need. I recommend single 2 1/2"
or 3",nice pacemakers,sports muffler. Maybe get a high flow cat if ur one is buggered, hot dog and killa stainless tip 2 show off ur sweet vq symphony. U cant go wrong with v8s they sound sweet no matter what. Ring up the same place and see the difference on price. If u can post a reply 2 let others know about the cost factor involved. Cheers SUBDUE :wave:

DazVYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSSM6
I would go single 3" as well with a decent straight through muffler no resie this is what i ran on my vpss and it sounded **** hot.

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
you wont get the kinda sound outta a single that u will with the double, plus allround the twin will be better for preformance. but 2.5 is way to big go for twin 2.25. i think the h beam ballance pipe should be about 1.75 or something like that

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
twin system

Twin 2.25 yeah good idea, "Remember is not the size but the muffler that gives the harmony". 2 sweet ultaflow lukey stainless mufflers will look PHAT and sound a dream!. Sambo do u want 2 go twin into a single outlet or 2 out the bak? ur bigest problem is the fuel tank right? or is the vq different, i know on my vn calais i cant go twins. SUBDUE :bang:

Sambo

Reaction score
Hi All,

Thanks for everyone who responded to my question. I ve been quoted $360 for a 2.5 sports exhaust. Tips will be an extra $20 each.

H

holden_vp_man

3 inch !!!!

i have been told that putting a 3 inch exhaust on a commo u actually start to lose power can some one plz varify whether this is true or not :D

DazVYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSSM6
You wont lose power going 3" you will lose power if you have no back pressure at all but having mufflers give you needed back pressure 2.5" is more than enough for the average 5.0 and a single system will save you heeps a dough.

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
Can a 1/4 " make much of a difference...

Lets say my 5.0 is stocko and I put a 2 1/4" is there room to breath for head/cam work later?

Or would a 2.5 suit that kind of work in the future.

Sambo

Reaction score
Exhaust fiited

Hi all,

Got a 2.5 inch Genie with no resenator fitted for $400. The car sounds great...