Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Calais problems! need help!

jamar9322

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais S2
VR Calais S2 stalling whenever i move in gear.
dash flashes when changing into gears and abs off light comes on when no brakes or handbrake is on?
car also takes a bit to turn over since these problems have started..
any ideas on where to start with all this?
pretty sure my throttle tensioner pully is playing up is this the cause of it all?
any advice welcome!

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
yea go to your local mechanic , you may look at your throttle position sensor and idle control valve , maybe a air leak somewhere , your abs is telling me you have a pressure issue so check for that first your brake booster may be leaking . check that c how you go.

allan01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman 185i
I had this similar problem this time last year and it was due to the rain an my battery my car was parked outside at the time. Check for errors codes first man if you don't know how just search in the top right hand corner of the webpage, its really easy all u need is a paper clip to check for the errors codes.

Check all your fuses man, and make sure your battery is good, dodgy battery was the my problem, i spent $160 on century battery with 60 or so cold cranking amps and never had a problem since and it will start easier.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
cant get it anywhere atm just stalls on take off.?
ok you may have a faulty sensor on the abs , if ya battery low it may cause the fuel pump to shut off , its best to get a mobile mechanic to come out , to many possibility's , if ya not mechanical minded get help. if its cutting out some think is upsetting your computer for a reason to protect you , like I said abs light comes on due to a lack of pressure in ya brake line , low fluid , leaking master cylinder .

jamar9322

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais S2
So I cleaned the Throttle body and sensor with some carby cleaner (it was really dirty) and now she is running alright and nothing but the engine light is coming on :)
I have noticed that someone before me has snapped some thread on the top bolt so i'll replace that and an idler pully this coming week, thanks for the input guys will let you know if it happens again soon :)

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
You need to display the error codes as previously suggested to find out why the engine light is being illuminated.

Majestic1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
I think hotrod said it best i think hes on the right page