Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adrian's Vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore manual
So wikki says a stock vr v6 makes 130kw so i removed the restrictor in the plenum, added a cold air intake (with K&N) and sports 2.5" exhaust and it manual, adding vy injectors too. So because the forums is a good place does anyone know a rough estimate that it may make now? Maily how much kw is added by removing the restrictor

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Removing the bell mouth will do SFA. I left mine in because its a Muppet Mod.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
has it lost any low down torque ? Go and find a piece of road you can 0-100 or quart mile time it. Time it now any after every mod you make to know if it gets you any useable power

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The primary function of the bellmouth is to even out airflow distribution in the manifold. IIRC the best results were to be had by cutting away the top part but leaving the bottom bit in place so it can still function as intended.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Where did you see that fitting VY injectors increases HP? Ive done a fair bit of research and that one never came up.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The primary function of the bellmouth is to even out airflow distribution in the manifold. IIRC the best results were to be had by cutting away the top part but leaving the bottom bit in place so it can still function as intended.
i have read that but from a decent search it would seem that even chopping part of it away makes little to no difference. Id be keen to see what @delcowizzid has to say on this as he races the Buick engine. I looked at it and can not see it being restrictive on a mostly stock engine.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I had a VN which was reasonably quick for been n/a, the VN's never had em....

Boost hides many evils of manifold design so I'm fairly sure he doesn't use it in the VB he tunes.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Where did you see that fitting VY injectors increases HP? Ive done a fair bit of research and that one never came up.

I don't think so much it increases power but they are a later design injector so in theory better atomisation of the fuel. Having said that, if they are used it wouldn't hurt to have them cleaned first for optimum performance.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If i plant the foot in the ute it gets up and goes reasonably well for a six cyl. I do have memcal and Pacies.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I don't think so much it increases power but they are a later design injector so in theory better atomisation of the fuel. Having said that, if they are used it wouldn't hurt to have them cleaned first for optimum performance.
so improved economy? Or bang for buck probably not worth it?