Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR running rough when warmed up

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I envy you PH, I've spent over $1000 on my VR and I'm yet to get headers and a CAI.

PHMaximus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR BT1 V6
haha, bloody cars...

mine doesn't own me much, I just hate spending money on it... ive got heaps of other hobbies that are more rewarding...

here ya gonna really hate this..... I got the CIA and headers for $100.... ($30 for the cia and $70 for the headers) off gumtree

PHMaximus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR BT1 V6
hopefully i can get it running right, with out spending too much more... im still eyeing off new catback system, corvette servo and a spool, these repairs are eating my budget

PHMaximus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR BT1 V6
but yeah,,, it may seem odd.... but this car is just a fun car.... it was basically free and due to my work I use a big van. So its not needed, to me its something that's to good to throw away.

here is a pic from around 12 months ago, to me its too good to take to the wreckers

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Try U Pull It for a coil pack. Should only be 20 bucks. Might even find a new pack on GT.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Try U Pull It for a coil pack. Should only be 20 bucks. Might even find a new pack on GT.
NA bloody U-pull it have..... well pulled their fixed price list of the wall and now charge as much if not more than a "they do all the work wreckers"
last dfi/coil pack I got from we-steal it u-pull it was was 65$ :( and a VX rad fan set up was about the same....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
:(

PHMaximus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR BT1 V6
not wrong.... they use to be cheap now they are a complete rip off

have a look through this
https://www.upullit.com.au/price-list/

but yeah man, ive already check the primary coils, secondary coils and for shorts between them, they all test fine.
its got new plugs and the leads seemed fine.... but to double check im gonna re-check the plug gap and do a proper resistance test on the leads.
then move onto other possible causes...

Im still very suspect on the IAC... if its leaking it could present similar problems, but because this car is sooo old.... I think it would be wise to replace the throttle body gasket and adapter gasket too.... ive just gotta go down and order some first

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Are you close to Lonsdale? If yes Car Parts Plus are about the cheapest around on spares, even better than eBay prices.