Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Senator with LSx454

Status
Not open for further replies.

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Well bits and pieces are starting to arrive, no sadly not the bit I am really waiting on...

Last night removed all the existing 5/16" fuel lines to see what space I have to work with, was a bit tricky trying to leave the rear brake line undamaged. Looks like I should be able to do them nice and neat. Its very very tight when it currently feeds up past the extractors into the bay. Going to see if I can route it differently and maybe follow the top of the tans tunnel and bring them out right at the back behind the manifold and go braid from there, will see how that goes.

Also think I am going to scrap the braid to the booster/ABS idea, looks like it wont really be that neat, and I would rather stay hard lines especially to the main unit to eliminate any reduced feel through hose expansion. Instead I am going to make up hard lines in stainless like the others I have done and run them at the base of the inner guard, should look nice and neat.

Btw, some of you guys no doubt know this but the ABS on the VR is different to later models, I did this diagram up when talking to the guy re the braking circuit, thought I might put up here in case its useful to anyone else.

Btw, the black plastic ABS cover on mine is broken, if anyone has one kicking around they want to donate to me I would appreciate it :)

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
I reckon I might have a complete ABS module from the wreck. I'll see what the cover is like on that one.

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Long day today. During the week I pulled out the existing fuel lines, which are also run with the rear brake line. I wanted to re route the rear line out of the bay now the ABS is where the battery was, also get it away form the exhaust, but to be able to flare the end of the tube I needed it out of the car so I could take it the vice to use the flaring tool.

So I pulled it out and a thing that has been annoying me has been the difference in gloss between the body shutz and the areas I have done with the spay can texture coat. So since I was redoing the brake line I masked off the underside of the car and have done it all so it looks matched. I then redid the rear brake line. I think it come up really neat. Ready to do the new fuel lines.

I also finished off the three hard lines that go to each front wheel and the rears, again very happy with them, am going to get a three way billet clamp to finish it off. Tomorrow I am going to tackle the hard lines from master to ABS, not sure I have enough 3/16 line to both, if not I at least want to try and get one done. Heres some pics

timmyboy93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR executive
You should have a small country named after you, that blue\grey... drool

Big ups!
Personally I'd lose the spoiler :D

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Bloody hell, these brakes remind me of doing the trans, very fiddly, time consuming, frustrating but satisfying. Not sure I would want to do another. Not finished yet, one more line, but have run out of tube ( and patience) for the week end, getting there though.

7EC30C77-88C3-4988-A07F-42B2F9EE24C4-1205-0000016869772933_zps34567b73.jpg

AD657456-A6F9-4A1E-A9BD-FAB765F4C712-1205-0000016796CE2E94_zps86c39ca2.jpg

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
I like the placement of the ABS module, it's a right bloody pain in the standard spot when it comes to doing things like plugs. No doubt with the LSX block in there, there is even less room.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
How close is the front swaybar to the brake lines? It looks very close in the photo of the wheel well. Sway bar will lift when back on its feet.

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
How close is the front swaybar to the brake lines? It looks very close in the photo of the wheel well. Sway bar will lift when back on its feet.

No its just the photo, the end of the sway bar is much closer to the camera than the lines, the lines are hard against the inside of the guard.

Sokoza

Beep Beep
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 VP GTS
I have an issue with this thread. The more you move and modify your engine bay, the more I want to copy for my build...Damit. Great work...

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
No its just the photo, the end of the sway bar is much closer to the camera than the lines, the lines are hard against the inside of the guard.

I figured u had it sorted an clearence was fine :) everything is methodic and maticulas. Top work bud, it really look amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.