Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Senator with LSx454

Status
Not open for further replies.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Kal spl, did it on his Calais, brilliant spot too

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
Those brake lines and ABS unit have come up great. I don't think it'll be the last time we see this done :)

Great idea with priming the lines like that. Saves a sore leg from pumping it through. Good to see it getting closer to being finished.

Isn't that what kids are for ;)

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Holy hell. This is insane.

Brake line setup looks imacculate.

If this was mine, I would cry the first time I would drive it, the underneath/suspension and running gear is so pretty.

Awesome work as usual mate.

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Thanks all, was a lot of work but in a weird way really satisfying. I reckon I could improve them a little, a couple of the radiuses on the bends are a bit clunky, but they will do for now. Be a nice future week end job once its all up and running to just remove a couple of the lines that the bends arent perfect and make new lines up.

I received the 5/8 fuel hard line and fittings yesterday. Had a good look underneath the car at how and where to route them last night, was a lot of head scratching. Not sure its going to be that easy. The issue is its just so bloody crowded around the rack/extractors/steeling/gearbox where the stock lines would run. It would mean the fuel rails will literally only be a few mm from the exhaust. I had a look and there is quite a bit of room in the transmission tunnel over and alongside the gearbox. So I am thinking about maybe routing it up through there and bring it to a bulkhead behind the heads on the firewall. No sure if anyone else has run into the problem, theres maybe not so many VR's running larger fuel lines, but interested in any one elses experience.

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
Thanks all, was a lot of work but in a weird way really satisfying. I reckon I could improve them a little, a couple of the radiuses on the bends are a bit clunky, but they will do for now. Be a nice future week end job once its all up and running to just remove a couple of the lines that the bends arent perfect and make new lines up.

I received the 5/8 fuel hard line and fittings yesterday. Had a good look underneath the car at how and where to route them last night, was a lot of head scratching. Not sure its going to be that easy. The issue is its just so bloody crowded around the rack/extractors/steeling/gearbox where the stock lines would run. It would mean the fuel rails will literally only be a few mm from the exhaust. I had a look and there is quite a bit of room in the transmission tunnel over and alongside the gearbox. So I am thinking about maybe routing it up through there and bring it to a bulkhead behind the heads on the firewall. No sure if anyone else has run into the problem, theres maybe not so many VR's running larger fuel lines, but interested in any one elses experience.

Yeah mate I'm in the same problem now as well, Im running 1/2 inch feed and return an am also thinking above the gear box and coming up above the bell housing behind heads, the problem still remains u have to get over the exhaust some where and still causes a lot of heat I'm thinking heat wrap the exhaust in that section,
What are u using for ur lines I have 16mm alloy pipe with 1.6 mm walls and am using alloy weld on fittings, all 8an

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
HDT ran the fuel feed line up to the engine bay through the RH chassis rail, you will have to use flex line and it's pain to do but it does work.

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Good/neat idea but I don't think my engineer would go for it. If anything were to happen to the hose, chafing etc, because its out of sight and in a relatively confined space, a chassis rail full of fuel isn't going to be too good.

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Well yesterday got to one of those points where I truly thought the car was fighting against me ha ha. Doing the battery relocation, sort of thought it would be straight forward (laughingly I now realise) Crap loads of head scratching and working out a nice way. Biggest issue was the engine end. There is just no room whatsoever between the engine, pacemakers and firewall, no where to sensibly run the cable. I used some of the 5/8 hard line I had to make up a routing tube (like the back across the boot) and flared the ends so it really nice. With the boot, once the underlay and carpet is in place you cant even notice it. I mounted the isolation with up under near the boot hinge, cut a hole for the side felt panel, really happy with how it turned out. Not totally finished as I am borrowing a crimp tool during the week and am waiting on a 300A circuit breaker, but mostly done.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Very neat. Great solution :thumbsup:. Love reading the updates on this car.

Status
Not open for further replies.