Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Senator with LSx454

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
lol at the engine limit changed sign..

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Well, I think I can finally describe my brakes as epic. Truthfully feel as good in feel and stopping power as my 911. Had it set up with the Comp Cams electric pump, worked a treat, just was very noisy. Took a punt and thought since GM put them on one of the VE models, its has to be better. So lashed out and bought one. Its much smaller and more compact that the CC one, and much much quieter. Also seems to pump it all up so much quicker so its hardly on. Comes with a nice cast alumium bracket so mounting it was easy as. This is the two compared

And this is it fitted.

Took it for a long drive, just smooth as now.

Down side of the day is looks like the Varex experiment may not be a winner. Just parked it my back area, and used a noise meter my mate has loaned me. Does definitely attenuate it, dropped from 102dB to 93. Which is a lot but not enough. So not sure what to do from here, bit of head scratching maybe. It definitely sounds like **** when its closed, but open to me sounds exactly as it did before. Gumby pic of the meter set up for posterity

And lastly couple of people have commented on how crappy my pedals were, so fitted the HSV set I bought, also some new mats, came up OK I think.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Why no HSV mats? Shame about the varex. Not sure how your going to get it quieter but knowing you, you will think of something. Maybe you need a couple small hotdogs before the mufflers?

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Couldn't find any HSV mats near me, but I will keep a look out.

Yea not sure either with the exhaust. Tbh I am a bit disappointed but I will work something out. There were a group of us on SC that had done these LS conversions into VR/S. Admittedly not the 454. But one of them pretty sure had a custom rear muffler made. That was my reasoning behind cutting the wheel well, at least now I have a space to work with, the pipes to the varex were flanged so it's a simple unbolt job.

Just would have been an elegant solution if it had worked, **** happens I guess, live and learn.

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Status