Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr Ute Full Respray

leavz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
had some trouble getting the doors off, the door pin removal tool broke because the pins were seized, Looks like the doors have never been removed.
ended up getting an oxy to try and help remove them which didn't work, so since i'm not using these doors due to them being badly damaged (easier just to get another set from the wrecking yard)
we got out the grinder and cut off the door hinges, then knocked the pins out, Much much easier.

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
Looking good mate, have just started respraying my ute, literally buying all new , headlights, foglights and stickers etc so the fresh paint not let down by old parts. Nice work!!!

leavz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
Looking good mate, have just started respraying my ute, literally buying all new , headlights, foglights and stickers etc so the fresh paint not let down by old parts. Nice work!!!

Yeah dude, i'm basicly replacing anything i can buy, not going to worry about that sort of stuff, mainly just bolt on body panels i'll be getting new hinges bonnet and tail gate ones also i'll be getting a new tail gate.|

Do you have a thread? What colour are you spraying it?

leavz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
after blocking the quarter with 120 grit, i hit the rest of it with 240 on the orbital sander, found some bog in the quarter panel and heaps on the bottom side skirt panel :bomb:

Glad i changed my mind about going back to bare metal ;)

leavz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
Haha aww nothing better then finding **** bog work ;)

one thing better is finding **** rust repairs underneath **** bog :p
100_0870.jpg

100_0872.jpg

leavz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
one thing better is finding **** rust repairs underneath **** bog :p

Yeah #### that haha, I'm leaving that bog in there as i dont know how to fix dents and it'd take to much time & money for a mate to fix. It seems to be holding up well so i think it'll be fine.