Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr Ute Full Respray

leavz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
Sanding the sill, then i notice that my exhaust is sitting nice and legal :p

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
Wow wtf????? Thats a horrible job, looks like its not even meant for a ute. Some people shouldn't be allowed to work on cars haha. Will rip off on the first speed hump

leavz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
Wow wtf????? Thats a horrible job, looks like its not even meant for a ute. Some people shouldn't be allowed to work on cars haha. Will rip off on the first speed hump

there was a muffler but it was just sitting on the tube after driving on a bumpy road it fell off, instant sport exhaust :yeah:

leavz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
Guards rolled to make way for some 20's, Wheel stud is ####ed someone replaced it with a bolt. Nothing like some more quality workman ship

Last edited:

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
think you can replace the wheel stud, put a nut on it and bang with a sledge till it pops out the back. do the same thing to a donor stud at the wreckers. slip new one in from the back and tighten the wheel to seat it back in...

leavz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
think you can replace the wheel stud, put a nut on it and bang with a sledge till it pops out the back. do the same thing to a donor stud at the wreckers. slip new one in from the back and tighten the wheel to seat it back in...

Yeah you can, I've already knocked the stud out of a 3.9 diff that i got given with this ute. :)

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
gonna come up really nice man, good work... :coolpimp:

leavz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
gonna come up really nice man, good work... :coolpimp:

Yeah man thanks, seen a few little dents in the roof we missed, and the left hand arch that was rolled looks a bit funny should be able to fix it before paint, i put extra coats of primer on those spots so they should block out.
other than that came up good

auto-thane doesn't really get that orange peel look when its finished like most primers, more like a dry looking finish makes me feel like i'm not spraying it on heave enough even though i was bombing it on.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah man thanks, seen a few little dents in the roof we missed, and the left hand arch that was rolled looks a bit funny should be able to fix it before paint, i put extra coats of primer on those spots so they should block out.
other than that came up good

auto-thane doesn't really get that orange peel look when its finished like most primers, more like a dry looking finish makes me feel like i'm not spraying it on heave enough even though i was bombing it on.

thats the good thing about primer. as long as you dont get solvent boil it really dosent matter how it goes on cause you can sand it off.....