Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V-8 SS

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
for the other side make sure you get the right flared and bent hose and not just a random piece of hose. I tried that in a pinch and it blew off & got caught in the belts. Wasnt fun.

View attachment 224598
That other side runs back to the throttle body filter side from memory. Therefore it is only searching for clean filtered air.
With my manifold I put a small breather filter directly onto the rocker cover - so no hose there.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Have you got a link to where to buy one of these mate?
I got it from a local shop.
Here is a picture of it next to a 355" car from my childhood that I found last week (who would have thought aye).
IMG_20210727_103922.jpg

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I got it from a local shop.
Here is a picture of it next to a 355" car from my childhood that I found last week (who would have thought aye).
View attachment 224617

Awesome thanks mate, might give it a try. I hate having my electric antenna up when crusing as it's just so ugly but doesn't get enough signal when it's lowered.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Awesome thanks mate, might give it a try. I hate having my electric antenna up when crusing as it's just so ugly but doesn't get enough signal when it's lowered.
Mine was broken and at about 1/3rd height permanently (and I've had the car over 10years). Reception wasn't bad I just didn't like not being able to drop it down low ever. I purchased a replacement mast, but it seems the problem was in the motor so could not get the new mast in properly.
I would prefer the original aerial, but haven't been able to get a 2nd hand aerial off anything in 6months so gave up and got this instead.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
In a parking lot today and an older lady walked over to my driver's door after I had just started it up just to say 'nice car'

In other news at the start of next month I should do an 800km round trip to the drag strip for a days racing. I'm trying to mental list a few before hand checks and maintenance (Calibrate WB O2, clean & wax car. Underbody clean. Check diff oil level and empty catch can, tyre pressures etc).
And whether to strip out some extra weight - boot carpet, rear seats and floor mats etc. Will it make a difference worth the hassle?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
In a parking lot today and an older lady walked over to my driver's door after I had just started it up just to say 'nice car'

In other news at the start of next month I should do an 800km round trip to the drag strip for a days racing. I'm trying to mental list a few before hand checks and maintenance (Calibrate WB O2, clean & wax car. Underbody clean. Check diff oil level and empty catch can, tyre pressures etc).
And whether to strip out some extra weight - boot carpet, rear seats and floor mats etc. Will it make a difference worth the hassle?

Less weight should produce lower times.

All the maintenance items are a given...Best to be safe than sorry....

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Less weight should produce lower times.

All the maintenance items are a given...Best to be safe than sorry....
Yeah but it's not a lot of weight and it is all over the back wheels.
I am running E/T streets and it's a prepped track. But still unsure whether it is a waste of time.

Yeap maintenance is a must. Just trying to remember the more irregular stuff.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ask yourself, will 50kg of weight make enough difference to be worth the hassle?