Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr V6 Engine Blew up??

mr_kreative

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim 3.8L
hey mate, i just got the 2.5 its ok, but there's no torque like 0-60km its pretty sluggish, when i had my vr engine, when i pressed the accelerator abit you'd feel it pull, but with the vy engine in its pretty sluggish down low.. now is this due to the engine or the exhaust is to big, cause i heard 2 1/4 is good for take off.. ???

i want my car to have quick responsive acceleration, its the best feeling. any suggestions..?

BoNeZ-01

"..of mice and men.."
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 50th Anniversary
Replied to you PM about these questions. :)

mattyr82

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 colorado diesel 4wd automatic. 2010 mazda 3
hey mate, i just got the 2.5 its ok, but there's no torque like 0-60km its pretty sluggish, when i had my vr engine, when i pressed the accelerator abit you'd feel it pull, but with the vy engine in its pretty sluggish down low.. now is this due to the engine or the exhaust is to big, cause i heard 2 1/4 is good for take off.. ???

i want my car to have quick responsive acceleration, its the best feeling. any suggestions..?
ecotec engines dont have the torque down low like the buick sourced engines in the vr, but better up top.

mr_kreative

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim 3.8L
what mods can i do to make it like my vr, i used 2 love the torque man, this vy engine is way 2 slow down low

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
what mods can i do to make it like my vr, i used 2 love the torque man, this vy engine is way 2 slow down low

Fit a better camshaft that delivers power down lower in the rev range and memcal tune to suit.Or fit lower diff gearing.That will help give it some low down pull

mr_kreative

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim 3.8L
thanks 4 that brett, anything else guys, what about 70 ml throttle and high ratio rockers..?

mattyr82

Reaction score
Members Ride
high ratio roller rockers are relatively easy to put in whereas a cam involves more work. 70mm throttle body or twin t/bodies will make minor increase. all the cash u will spend u would be better off spending on a v8 or an alloytec that comes standard with 175-190kw.
read up on some of the posts on here about modding ecotecs if u want. all the info is in there, mate

11gothevt11

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Sedan
Just few question mate
When people reco there heads on there car i've hear of the bottom end blow...
Are these ratio roller rockers safe?????
Ever heard anyone blow up there motor after they fit roller rockers?????

mattyr82

Reaction score
Members Ride

mr_kreative

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim 3.8L
Ok so im very confused and angry at why mr car is doing this problem..?

I got VY V6 IN A VR COMY.. It has lsd, 3:4:5 gears, VS Supercharge cold air intake, Pacemaker extractors.. i have two questions now??

1. what mods do i need to do in order to get more low end power, more torque?

2. When i have been doing burnouts at my dads factory area.. every time i stall it up to 5rpm, it just drops straight down to 2 rpm, like it bogs out and it frustrates me, mr vr v6 never used to do this when i stalled it up, how can i fix this problem so it keeps on going and doesn't bog out??