Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

shedevil666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss, Vs ss
On the intake manifold. Usually very close or directly on the throttle body.
That's what I thought cheers man, gonna try that when I get home, let ya know how she goes

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Fault code check if delco ecu? Does it stay running if use throttle?

Would expect idle to change after it starts but that does nothing which is weird...give it a once over unplug & plug sensors etc might get fluke fix or find something.

shedevil666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss, Vs ss
Fault code check if delco ecu? Does it stay running if use throttle?

Would expect idle to change after it starts but that does nothing which is weird...give it a once over unplug & plug sensors etc might get fluke fix or find something.
Will do this over the wkend, away for work atm cheers mate

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Gilmer drive setup probably make it under-charge but doubt that it will start up & conk out but slowly run battery flat.

shedevil666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss, Vs ss
Gilmer drive setup probably make it under-charge but doubt that it will start up & conk out but slowly run battery flat.
If anything gilemers will run the battery and alternator dead before anything, it's literally got me stumped as to why it's doing what it is, honestly thinking of getting rid of it to get something different

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I've just had a similar issue with mine.

Best thing to check is the fuel pressure regulator and the ignition module.

Both will cause symptoms like your experiencing.

Even if the IAC was faulty you'd still be able to keep it running fine with your foot on the accelerator, if it's still dying it's something deeper.

Coolant Temp Sensor can also cause this, if that sensors not reading it won't start or it will start for a small amount of time.

If you don't have diagnostic tools to verify things are reading correctly I'd probably start with the coolant temp sensor, easy to replace and not super pricy and very common to fail.