Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs 5.0

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Old girl came home on the back of a tilt tray last night. :(

Dead starter motor.

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
Old girl came home on the back of a tilt tray last night. :(

Dead starter motor.

Iv got my one from before I changed to 11 flywheel and can not use a standard one any more because they only work on 10.5 inch flywheels that isn't that old if u want it for the price of a bottle of Jim beam !!! I have it in the parts for sale if u want a look

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Thanks for the offer mate. Much appreciated.

Unfortunately as it's my daily I need it back on the road asap and waiting for post from Mackay to Perth would mean too long off the road.

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
Yeah mate to easy !!! It sux changing standard starter motors with extractors and with out a car hoist

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Yeah, I won't be doing it myself. No gear, no time etc. Will be getting towed to the local auto leccy on Monday.

On a positive note....the tow truck driver was a great bloke. Right into his cars. He's got two VL Calais. One with a 355 and one with a turbo 6 (for any WA readers it's plates are UDLOSE if anyone knows it). He claimed 800 hp from the 6. Showed me some pics. They were both immaculate and the 6 engine bay was mad. He even complemented me a couple of times on the condition of mine. Always nice to get good feedback from strangers lol.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Good question.....plenty of things need doing.....the roof lining, new tint and the big one at the moment is the diff. It's getting real noisy now. Gotta get some cash set aside (easier said than done) and sort out which way I'm going to go.....just rebuild the LSD or go down the truetrac path.

I get that the truetrac is the way to go for the long term but it is the upfront hit that I need to come to terms with.

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Go the true track mate. You will never regret it.